• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Restored The Best I could

10thMtn

See attached photos, 1984 M1009 CUCV and M101A1 Restored to the best of my ability, what a leaning process! Let me enjoy this for a while before I start something else...shhhhh Do NOT tell her there may be something else !!!
This is how I can remember the CUCVs (-) the camo pattern. Anything Else or any input , please your comments are welcome.

Attachments

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Looks super nice and the rolling hills, what a sight. You can't appreciate scenery like that until you live in FL for 20+ years. You can't appreciate grass until you live here. Nothing but crab grass.

10thMtn

Well I do see something I need to readdress ALREADY... How can you stop these Government Rust BUCKETS from RUSTING ? Looks like this winter I will have to tear into the rear panel around the wheel well.. Uhhh sounds like a weld job... Thanks Recovery this is a great place to live all out here by ourselfs and the deer, turkeys, coyoties , ...etc.... but the view is the best.

CPAPPY

Looks nice to me , after the 4th or 5th truck you will be a pro at it . Good job any interior pictures?. We all love pictures here at S.S . :beer:

pctrans

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Nicely done. It's work like that, that inspires a lot of us to keep striving to improve the look of our toys. :beer:

10thMtn

But its really not that great , I see some stuff I already need to take the "TIME" and go back and redo ... NEVER ENDING PROJECT I guess.. I wish there were better rust protection back then ...
With the dear Lords blessing the rig will be in Aberdeen East Coast Rally next weekend... Fingers Crossed , In Memory of a good friend killed in action RIP Sgt Nathan P Kennedy .... Pittsburgh Marathon 2011 In Memory - YouTube

Your memory burns in the hearts of Patriots forever....

fisklonnie

i am feeling the pain 10thmtn. just got my first one and the wife already complaining about the hours i spend on it. mostly on the the wiring harness someone shredded it and now i have to try and piece it together. i got my eye on a trailer here and it should look almost as good as yours if i can ever get the lights working
:)

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks