• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Restored The Best I could

10thMtn

See attached photos, 1984 M1009 CUCV and M101A1 Restored to the best of my ability, what a leaning process! Let me enjoy this for a while before I start something else...shhhhh Do NOT tell her there may be something else !!!
This is how I can remember the CUCVs (-) the camo pattern. Anything Else or any input , please your comments are welcome.

Attachments

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Looks super nice and the rolling hills, what a sight. You can't appreciate scenery like that until you live in FL for 20+ years. You can't appreciate grass until you live here. Nothing but crab grass.

10thMtn

Well I do see something I need to readdress ALREADY... How can you stop these Government Rust BUCKETS from RUSTING ? Looks like this winter I will have to tear into the rear panel around the wheel well.. Uhhh sounds like a weld job... Thanks Recovery this is a great place to live all out here by ourselfs and the deer, turkeys, coyoties , ...etc.... but the view is the best.

CPAPPY

Looks nice to me , after the 4th or 5th truck you will be a pro at it . Good job any interior pictures?. We all love pictures here at S.S . :beer:

pctrans

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Nicely done. It's work like that, that inspires a lot of us to keep striving to improve the look of our toys. :beer:

10thMtn

But its really not that great , I see some stuff I already need to take the "TIME" and go back and redo ... NEVER ENDING PROJECT I guess.. I wish there were better rust protection back then ...
With the dear Lords blessing the rig will be in Aberdeen East Coast Rally next weekend... Fingers Crossed , In Memory of a good friend killed in action RIP Sgt Nathan P Kennedy .... Pittsburgh Marathon 2011 In Memory - YouTube

Your memory burns in the hearts of Patriots forever....

fisklonnie

i am feeling the pain 10thmtn. just got my first one and the wife already complaining about the hours i spend on it. mostly on the the wiring harness someone shredded it and now i have to try and piece it together. i got my eye on a trailer here and it should look almost as good as yours if i can ever get the lights working
:)