• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Results from the tractor pull

emr

That was awesome, I did the sled pull in NJ state fair with the 813 and she pulled the sled all the way to the gate by the parking lot, a guy jumped out in front of me and stopped me :) i never felt it back there , was a slow long pull, no effort with the 813, i heard the guy say, with that deuce u will start to hop the tires like in pa, he did not know it was an M 813, I said nothing, was just scared i would blow it, But man that was cool, just sharing a story hope u do not mind, if I get it out of my phone i will post the pull, AWESOME TRUCK and GREAT JOB!!!!!!

Croatan_Kid

Ha...yeah, my buddy's brother was a little excited. Another friend took a much better video and it's a lot clearer and you can definitely hear that Cummins screamin!

I think the winner was 263 or so? I wasn't far behind. There wasn't any weight in the box that I know of, but I could certainly tell when that box was near the end, it got heavy quick!

Just before I got there, my cousin pulled the sled with his new 8330 JD and it has duals front and rear. Said he pulled it almost out to the parking lot before it slowed down any lol.

Westech

CPL
The thing to do when pulling is start off in low 1st, and up shift at max RPM, then as you loose RPM down shift as needed and end back up in low 1st. Dont start off in low and leave it, you need to get the sled moving and your speed up.

12vctd

Man I know your having fun but if you hook again, on a tight track like that, use 3rd gear low range, atleast, dont know what gear you pulled with but with some more wheel speed you would have pulled a ton farther, get that sled moving fast. For all I know you might have hard to hear with the excited boy, and couldn't see you start off. Always have liked your truck, and glad to see you putting out there

Croatan_Kid

Westech....not exactly sure how in the world I would shift when I'm pulling something like that, plus they would flag your run when the tires stopped spinning.

12V: first attempted to start in 3rd low, clutch wouldn't hold it, dropped to second, didn't want to spin, so I threw it in first and went with it. Next time I'll run hi range, first gear. That track was VERY hard, almost like fresh asphalt.

I know I needed a lot more wheel speed and I wish I would have pulled in high range, first gear. It would have put a little more load on the motor and let the boost come up some more. I was only hitting 20 lbs which is 10 lbs shy of what it'll do. I'm pretty sure with 30lbs and a crapload more wheel speed, I would have taken the trophy. Of course, it's hard to get four 40" tires to spin under a 6000lb truck....even though they were still at 40psi. Makes me feel better about deciding not to swap my 39x15 Swampers back on for the pull! With front and rear lockers, I'm almost certain I would have broke something!

Maybe I need to throw the 11Rs back on it and give it a shot.....they're nice and skinny.

12vctd

well if your clutch wont hold it, then thats alot of the issue. Lol I wished I had the money back for all the SB DD clutches I went threw when I was pullin alot. No matter what loved to see your video. I will tell you something that helped me alot when i pulled (again dont know if your trying to compete or just having some fun) but this calc helps a ton. Gear Ratio Calculator

If I guessed right on your transfer case 3rd gear low range nets you a FD ratio of 14.93, where as 1st gear high range is 25.58 which I would think would limit your speed for a good pull, again Im just bench racing here so take it for what its worth. but if you ran 2nd low range you would have been at about 27 fd ratio. Thanks again for the video and best of luck to you

cjtroutt

CW2 26 BDE HHC S6
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I use to pull and pick up some 31 15.50 15 Tarra tires they will blow away most any thing out there.
I ran an Auto trans with 205 & 6.17 with both Detroit lockers strange engineer axles and many hard parts. to much to list. also beef up an set of over load springs and made custom blocks to help transfer WT better.

Last edited:

Wildchild467

Steel Soldiers Supporter
nice pull! truck looks great! i pulled with my deuce and made it 239 feet i believe...had it in low second which was a mistake. i had all the traction in the world but ran out of engine horsepower around 230 feet...next year ill use 1st low :beer:

92RT-TT

Nice pull but I wanted to punch the screamer in the jugular lol. Sorry if its someone you know but seriously, enough with the high pitched screaming the entire time!!! :lol:

Croatan_Kid

I think next year I'll be taking the trophy home....I just gotta save my lunch money [thumbzup] If a double disc won't hold the power, I'll just pack up and go home!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks