• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Retractable Steps for 5 ton

nayrbrellim

Steel Soldiers Supporter
At the request of someone in another thread I thought I'd go ahead and post these here.

My wife had shoulder surgery and finds it very difficult to pull herself up on the first step (about 30" or so above the ground), so I ordered some Retractable Steps from Zoro.com, they sell them a few other places but this was the least expensive for the exact same product (see link and photos below). But basically the just bolted on to the hat channel framing under the maintenance box on the passenger. I did have to drill 3 of the holes but the other three I used what was already there. The width of the steps were just a little narrower that the framing so I bought a 1/4" piece of flat bat, cut to length, painted and basically it acted as a plate washer. I do use a velcro strap to hold them in place when they are stowed just so they don't bounce out while driving. And you really don't even notice them when they are stowed.

If there is interest I can get some picture of what it looked like on the under side and mounting.

Attachments

Mullaney

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
At the request of someone in another thread I thought I'd go ahead and post these here.

My wife had shoulder surgery and finds it very difficult to pull herself up on the first step (about 30" or so above the ground), so I ordered some Retractable Steps from Zoro.com, they sell them a few other places but this was the least expensive for the exact same product (see link and photos below). But basically the just bolted on to the hat channel framing under the maintenance box on the passenger. I did have to drill 3 of the holes but the other three I used what was already there. The width of the steps were just a little narrower that the framing so I bought a 1/4" piece of flat bat, cut to length, painted and basically it acted as a plate washer. I do use a velcro strap to hold them in place when they are stowed just so they don't bounce out while driving. And you really don't even notice them when they are stowed.

If there is interest I can get some picture of what it looked like on the under side and mounting.

Wow!

There are very few projects on a Deuce or a 5-Ton that end up costing about $150 including shipping.
That looks really neat.

The M1089 has a pair of retractable ladders on the right side to reach things. This is just as nice!!

nayrbrellim

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Wow!

There are very few projects on a Deuce or a 5-Ton that end up costing about $150 including shipping.
That looks really neat.

The M1089 has a pair of retractable ladders on the right side to reach things. This is just as nice!!
Ain't that the truth, LOL. Which just proves - we do it because we love it!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks