• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Return Convoy from San Antonio

Desert Rat

Bottom Pic:

The Museum's Pres. on the right. The five ton is the Museum's truck. It's a prototype that goes 85+ mph. Note 'Storm carrying the CUCV.

Middle pic:

The five ton towing a Deuce just going over the hill.

Top pic:

The five ton 1/2 mile ahead of me.

Desert Rat

Actually the GSA left us with mostly fresh and almost full fuel tanks in need of only being topped off. It was a fun ride!

Wyattearp

Yeah im curious about that one.. hmmmm wonder if thats a cummins engine, i would love to know myself also... curious minds think alike LOL

ken

Steel Soldiers Supporter
It's powered by a cat c10 and has a 7speed allison tranny. It will fly! it's the smoothest mil truck i've ever driven. And really quiet. It's almost car like.

ken

Steel Soldiers Supporter
You'll need a good plan. It's guarded with the m60 tank. I'll get some pics. The interior is pretty wild. The dash wraps around the driver and the shifter is push button. It has dash vents like it's sopossed to have a/c. It's hard to see, but it's the one being fueled in the above pic. It's on super singles with CTIS.

Opie

Hey DR, I must have missed a post somewhere. Which museum are you now affiliated with?

Warmest regards,
Opie

Desert Rat

Ken and I are members of the Military Museum of Texas here in Houston. Yep, the M60 is an impressive tank to behold. It will guard the five ton with gusto and then some! So for those with sultry motives BEWARE of the big gun and multitudes of 50 cals. and other assorted automatic weaponry. The picture of swiss cheese comes to mind repeatedly for some odd reason..........................;)

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Desert Rat said:
You'll need a good plan. It's guarded with the m60 tank.

It will guard the five ton with gusto and then some! So for those with sultry motives BEWARE of the big gun and multitudes of 50 cals. and other assorted automatic weaponry. The picture of swiss cheese comes to mind repeatedly for some odd reason..........................;)
No worries.

I have a friend with an ex-Special Forces basset hound. That dog can sneak up on anybody and even in NVG's, folks look at him and all they see is a cuddly pooch with big ears. They'd never know what happened, one minute the truck would be there, the next minute, just a trail of drool.

Here's a pic of the dog in Airborne training:

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks