• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Return from Fort Drum

RJM27

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Went up Monday 6/28/10 to Ft. Drum and Picked up 2-M101 A2, First time hauling 2-stacked on top. Kevin (GL) did an awesome job, used 3- holes to bolt together and drilled one new one up front, didn't need to strap it but figured the police would appreciate seeing straps on there. 175 mile trip no problems hauling 2 like that. Thanks for the Help, great pics and ideas. I will post pics later, Because we all know This is worthless with out Pics.
Bob.

deucebigalo

that's good that you had a great experience at fort drum, I'm actually heading up that way tomorrow afternoon for a pickup on Thursday (M101A2). I'm taking my wife and kids with me to make a small trip out of it. Maybe stay near the lake area. Fort Drum is about a 6 hour drive for me. Looking forward to having a good time and perhaps take a look around Drum and see whats coming up for sale!

RJM27

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Recovery 4X4

Pulled the bolts, tilted bottom trailer, slid top off until it stopped then chained axle, hooked to tractor and pulled it over slow and easy. Worked fine.
bob.

BKubu

Steel Soldiers Supporter
If you are interested in upgrading the landing legs to the crank up kind, contact CUCVFAN. I bought one from him and it makes a world of difference when trying to hook up to a loaded trailer. I can't figure out why they just did not come with the crank up landing leg. It was worth every penny I paid! I think he has some more, but I am not sure. PM him directly.

RJM27

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thanks for the info, keep my eyes out for the crank handle, pit pricey, I have bought one fulton high extended jack with 2-wheels for 100.00 bucks, it works but have to be careful, It's not military grade.
Bob.

Attachments