• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

return line cap?

rodman68

Question on the return line cap. I run 100% biodiesel in the m1009 pretty well all year except for the cold months. Anyway that return line cap keeps giving me grief this is the third one in say a year and a half that has broken on me. I am taking a guess this material is not compatible with biodiesel. Is it possible to use say viton fuel line and make a plug for it, or cross it over to the other capped injector?

paladin1176

We were just discussing this in another thread. Apparently badger diesel has some decent return lines for sale. Plus small engine repair shops have tygon and viton lines that will also work. I am going to pull some specs and start replacing mine since I am running biodiesel as much as possible. Right now I am having supply issues with WVO so I run what I can get.

top_prop

as for the cap, I always figured I'd put a 'Y' in and run both return lines on the last injector fwd to the next through the 'Y'. Just make sure your "Y" is compatible with BIO.

rodman68

Thats a good idea instead of running a hose across to the other side. Not sure if a stainless 1/8 barbed tee is easy to find, but I would think brass is ok. I am a little concerned about tygon since the max temp to me is a little lo for being so close to the manifolds. I looked at the kits on EBAY and the caps look the same as what I have so not sure if they are or are not rated for biodiesel. Both of the sellers say that there customers have used it with biodiesel but didnt say how long it worked. I wanted to do this once all my problems are with the caps the little lines in between no problems so far for about three years.

rodman68

I am thinking of going the viton route its rated at 400 degrees. Do you think the tee idea is better than going to the other side and tying the two sides together?

top_prop

I've yet to find any black rubber (Viton is the lining on good black rubber fuel line.... Ie 30R9) that works as well as Viton. Both my 6.2's and my old Mercedes diesel ended up with Tygon replacing the black stuff. Ymmv.

rodman68

I was concerned about the lower temp for the tygon think I read was rated for 185 degrees. I got some viton but cant find 1/8 tees locally so I have to order them.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks