• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Return line leak

cdohner44mag

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Friday I had my 1123 running just to warm it up and noticed a puddle under it. After finding it was diesel fuel I searched for the source and it seems it's coming from the return lines on two of the injectors on the drivers side. I've been out of town so haven't had a chance to really check into it. I haven't removed the check valves yet but will this afternoon. Not sure that's the problem but know it needs doing. After looking in the TM's I see the lines should have small clamps, I don't recall seeing them but will check that also. Any suggestions on what else I should look into would be greatly appreciated.

cdohner44mag

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well I got the check valves out and seems to have cured the problem as of now. None of the auto parts store here seem to have the right size hoses and clamps for the injectors so will be ordering from HPG. As a curiosity, is there any negative short/long term affects from not having the check valves?

Mullaney

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Well I got the check valves out and seems to have cured the problem as of now. None of the auto parts store here seem to have the right size hoses and clamps for the injectors so will be ordering from HPG. As a curiosity, is there any negative short/long term affects from not having the check valves?
Nope. No problem at all having removed the check valves...

Retiredwarhorses

Steel Soldiers Supporter
you will never get the clips on if the motor is in the truck, it’s a nightmare.
order 3.5mm Diesel fuel rated slip on fuel hose, it has a yellow strip on the outside, I’ve used this for 20yrs in my shop.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks