• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Reverse Lights/ Kascar License Plate Bracket

hrbergeron

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I purchased from Kascar their rear license plate mount for my second HMMWV and wanted to copy the reverse light wiring for my primary HMMWV, which already has a license plate holder. The Kascar mount is appealing because it uses packard connections, existing bolts, and has a plate and reverse light. The mount uses the bolts for the wiring protector below the stop lights, like many others do.

The mount will not work with the existing bolts if you have a airlift bumper installed; however, you can simply bolt it to the top of your airlift bumper.

Here is a list of the cables for the reverse light.

All cables are 14 GA and the length listed is overall length including Packard connectors

1x Reverse indicator switch

1x Male + Female 44”, connected to Y adapter with male to female adapter.

1x Female + Female 11’ 4”

1x Ground, Female, 27 1/2"

Also attached is their wiring diagram, probably the most helpful part for reverse light installation.

I'll probably write a gear report on it this weekend after I install it.

If requested, I have lengths of the other cables for the license plate light.

https://real4wd.com/license-plate-bracket/
296050034-D.jpgfront.jpgback 2.jpgreverse light.jpgwire.jpgreverse.jpgdiagram-page-001.jpg

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks