• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Rhinolift Tire Carrier for a M1045A2?

alpha23

I'm considering the rhinolift tire carrier, www.rhinolift.com, for an M1045A2; however, the documentation states, "...approved for use with the following HMMWV's: M10252AS, M1114, M1097, M1097A1, M1097A2, M1113, M1151, M1152." Rhinolift technical support was unable to provide any further guidance than the documentation. Does anyone know if this tire carrier will fit the M1045A2 if I also obtain an airlift bumper (required for install)?

HoveringHMMWV

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'm considering the rhinolift tire carrier, www.rhinolift.com, for an M1045A2; however, the documentation states, "...approved for use with the following HMMWV's: M10252AS, M1114, M1097, M1097A1, M1097A2, M1113, M1151, M1152." Rhinolift technical support was unable to provide any further guidance than the documentation. Does anyone know if this tire carrier will fit the M1045A2 if I also obtain an airlift bumper (required for install)?
Yes, it will fit after an airlift bumper installation.

Reactions: OBX

MarkM

CODE BROWN...It's all going to sh~t !
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I was thinking the same thing but if they are selling these things then why not list them all since they will all bolt on to the airlift bumper. On another note I can't believe how much the prices have gone up on these parts in the last few years.

Matk

Mogman

Staff member
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I think that ad is aimed at the military so it would have to be an approved application.

thoner7

Rather than make a new thread- does anyone know what carrier these are? The pics through the fence are humvees sitting at my local sheriffs lot, the other on the red hummer I found on Facebook. Look somewhat home made but similar swivel to the rhino carrier.2A6B9472-E245-462D-A2FC-5C87D7E3DE70.jpeg4F6D16EF-6D3B-42B3-AD7F-1532F410A061.jpeg7CAE036D-34BE-4E4C-953C-70DED587CDA5.jpeg2396790E-502F-447A-A12D-F36C71CD78E7.jpeg

Milcommoguy

Supporting Vendor
Rhino carrier is the way to go... unless one can bench press 165 pound, position tire and spin on a nut to hold it.

May not be the easiest, But without Rhino, good way to bust a nut, CAMO

Last edited:

juanprado

Steel Soldiers Supporter
those LEO mounts appear to be Ibis Tek. They typically are offset so another carrier for Fuel/Water cans can go on left.

Interesting info on the Rhino webpage as they seem to have a refurb lift available direct and I also saw a kit to mount without an airlift bumper.

Dieselmeister

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Rhino is the way to go. They have the strongest turnbuckle / ratchet mechanism to raise and lower your tire. Bolted directly to the airlift bumper using the supplied bolts and existing holes. They do sell a kit to mount one if you don't have the bumper.

BLK HMMWV

Rather than make a new thread- does anyone know what carrier these are? The pics through the fence are humvees sitting at my local sheriffs lot, the other on the red hummer I found on Facebook. Look somewhat home made but similar swivel to the rhino carrier.View attachment 884381View attachment 884382View attachment 884383View attachment 884384
To answer your question the tire carrier on the military HMMWV in the first 3 pictures was the one made and offered by AMG I believe.
They also made the swing away water/fuel 2 can carrier. They were the thing to have until the Rhino came out.
They original pair worked together without blocking the taillights.
When using the factory Rhino bracket mounted to the airlift bumper, I didn't have room for the fuel carrier.
I'm not aware of a OEM fuel carrier that will also work with the Rhino using the original mounting points.
I had to modify my Rhino carrier lower bracket to offset the carrier about 3 " to the right to make enough room for a custom swing away 2 can carrier
I still have my old AMG set around someplace. I can take you some pictures of it.
But like others have said and I agree you have gravity on your side getting the spare off but putting the tire back onto the old-style carrier is a pain .

Reactions: OBX
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks