• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Richmond Deuce Recovery Tomorrow...

FullMetalJacket

Well Tomorrow is the big day!!:-D The truck is all gassed up and loaded with a full list of supplies. This will be the recovery of my first deuce. I did a preview of the truck prior to the auction, so I'm not going in blind. I've got to be in Richmond at 8:30. The anticipation is overwhelming. I'll post pic's of the trip.

Orionspath

Where are you driving from? I have been there on numerous occassions and out of them all, was only disappointed once. A big once as two dueces I bought last summer, turned out the internal paperwork was incorrect! The pictures and GL inventory Numbers did not match up. I was told I could take the 5 ton Tractor w/out winch, and the M1009 with bent drive shaft and unknown running conditions on both.
If you won lot 5188 with the tan water cans in the rear, I wonder if you'd be interested in parting with a few of them. I have a contact number for a fellow down there named Charles 602.820.7883 who is a ton of help. If he doesn't answer, leave a message and he will call you back after his boss has walked away. Seems as if the boss has him turn off his work cell when he's around.
TAKE WATER, BATTERIES, OILS, GREASEGUN, AIR COMPRESSOR, EAR PLUGS, DRINKING WATER, INSECT/BEE KILLER (for the unlikely bugs hat have made homes this spring) I RODE 240 MILES WITH A COUPLE HORNETS ON THE 6TH. Charles will help you with everything else. TAKE CURRENT VEHICLE REGISTRATION AND PROOF OF INSURANCE. Make sure you and your navigator have current personal identification. MAINTAIN POSTED SPEEDS ON BASE. It is just off I-95. You will do fine........Call me if I can be of any assitance 703.973-9864.....Pete

FullMetalJacket

I'll be coming from Gloucester. It's about seventy miles East of Richmond. I was there once prior to the auction to preview the deuces. My Truce started and ran when i did the preview. Hopefully all goes well. Thanks for the tips and offer of assistance. Oh I almost forgot , My truck was lot # 5758.
Randy

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks