• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Richmond, VA: Hope for driver for M35 to storage place, 1/10 mile run

builder77sDad

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I am moving today from the house formerly owned by my son Ethan (Builder77) a few miles south of Richmond, Virginia. It is near the intersection of 95 and 288. Ethan owned (now I do) a M35A2C which hadn't run for years. He towed it here with his previous deuce. Yesterday, with the help of a mechanic, the starter was replaced and the deuce started! I need to drive it (perhaps towing a trailer) to a nearby self-storage. It is only a tenth of a mile away, but I don't know how to drive the deuce. In fact, to stop the engine I had to let out the clutch while in a low gear. What a jolt! I will be driving in my own yard to load it with Ethan's collection of parts, but am leary of driving it on the street. The foot throttle is disconnected? but the pull throttle works.

Is there someone with experience driving a deuce who would be willing to drive it to the self-storage this afternoon? It will be there until the end of October when I am returning to Richmond to sell it and the parts, perhaps as a lot. I have an ad in the classified section.

Rob Alexander

Jeepsinker

I can't believe nobody has stepped up to help you yet. I'm sorry, I would if at all possible. Should be able to rig the throttle cable for temporary use, especially if the cable was just disconnected. Someone should also be able to drive it that short distance with just the hand throttle.

olbucksnort

Well. I might be able to help you. I have tomorrow off Sat. 14 off , and could get there with a little help form my GPS. I live just north of you in Bowling Green. I'll pm you my Number.
Sincerely, Pete.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks