• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Rim Fitment for my 5 ton

bandofbrothers69

Hello I am looking into fitting super single tires and rims on to an early 70's 5 ton Dump. I was told that HMMTT 10 bolt rims will fit this application.

This is the rim data I was given by sales at a tire wholesaler.
2530-01-474-5564
CAGE 20076 MFR / PN 051430200
WHEEL PNEUMATIC 1 EA
SPM7LX-07-D-9012-0002
M/10 7/07

Attached are photos of these rims. They are designed for the 16.00xR20 Mich tires.

If anyone can verfify this data and or photos of these items/and fitment I would be very grateful.

Thanks, Band of Brothers 69'

Attachments

M1075

Yes, those are HEMTT 2-piece wheels and will work on your 5 ton. To use these, install inner nuts from rear axle on the front axle so you have enough threads. Unless you flip the trucks rear hubs, the rear track will be slightly more narrow than the front. Wheels should be under $100 each in new condition and tires will vary, $100-$300.

HEMTT wheels will fit, they will bolt on either way also, their lug holes are chamfered on both sides...9XX 5 ton trucks are Super Single setups, I think I have only seen 1 or 2 over here that were dualed...

I cant access any of my TM's as I am on a "hard driveless" computer (thanks corporate) and cant plug in my portable hard drive to check the NSN of the wheels...

Rene M

HEMTT wheels will fit, they will bolt on either way also, their lug holes are chamfered on both sides...9XX 5 ton trucks are Super Single setups, I think I have only seen 1 or 2 over here that were dualed...

I cant access any of my TM's as I am on a "hard driveless" computer (thanks corporate) and cant plug in my portable hard drive to check the NSN of the

wheels...

So, you can mount HEMTT wheels on the rear in reverse? Holy cow i never looked at the rim.... Granted i have not done it yet but plan to soon.
I would love to find a pic of this.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks