• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

rims and tires

bigmech

I'm going to do a shorty M35. My wife is on to me about this and is asking me to finish my M715 first. She's right in what she knows , but like the old saying, what she dosn't know won't hurt her. So with that said I'm trying to get the peices ready for the M35 shorty. My question is what is the bolt pattern and what size and off-set do I need to run like say 1400's tires. Or should I consider a smaller size . I want to step up the pump pressure, and am hoping this would run the larger tires down the road . ( looking for a higher top speed). On the M715 I went to a big block with a turbo 400 with 38's hoping the torqe would over come the tire size instead of a weaker 7004r trans with a small block to handle the lower geared axles. Its different with the M35. Kind of harder to stuff a higer horse power engine into one of these when its your first attemp with something this big.So I know I talk to much but what bolt pattern and what size and offset should I tell stockton wheel or USA6x6 to build?

wallew

Steel Soldiers Supporter
bigmech,
Talk to 'hummin2london', a member here. He's done one alreay and is very informative about the work he did.

Though he's in London, he MIGHT be willing to sell you his. But the transport costs could be a deal killer.

Just a thought.

jim

M1075

A lot of guys have run the 1400R20 on 4x4 dueces. Check out the photo gallery for "Super Single Options". Before you go spend top dollar on some new rims/tires, let me know. I just happen to have a new set mounted with tires ready to go.

bigmech

OK talk to me on price *** *** **** lindsey And I still need to know if the stock motor with nothing more than a pump twisting will power such a large tire down the road a tsay 60---65 mph without standing on yhe pedal for more than a mile! I'll try talking to hummin2london I guess.

Last edited by a moderator:

bigmech

Ok I just tried to pm him but there was some type of error in computerland and it won't go through. Can somebody else help me out here? Are the 1400's too much for a shorty with the pump turned up? Should I consider a different size? What is the bolt pattern and offset needed?

Djfreema

In Memorial
In Memorial
I would think that you would have enough power with the pump turned up a bit. 65 should be easy with those size tires. I can get to about 62 on my duece with 11-20's and the pump turned up but that is really pushing it on RPM not to mention its kinda scary without any roll over protection.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks