• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Rims for 37 x 12.50 16.5 ?

SandBar

Full Time Patriot
I searched and did not find what I was looking for. I found a set of 37 x 12.50 16.5 military tires for a great deal.

Problem is, my M1009 has 15" rims. Is there a go to application for rims that will fit these AND my M1009 axles as is or do I need to replace hubs/axle? Have a lift kit on order and don't mind cutting a little if needed (or add zero rates to the lift kit).

alfaheaven (.com) makes steel 16.5" rims in 6-bolt and 5-bolt configurations.

My M1009 had steel Kelsey Hayes 16.5" rims with 36" Humvee tires on it when I bought it. But according to the previous owner; the Marines modified it and put them on, and they were on it when he got it from a gov auction. So I'm not sure if they are a standard size they make.

You might also be able to find some steel wheels from National Wheel and Tire, 4Wheel Parts, Tire Rack, Summit or something like that. I think Eaton makes 16.5" wheels in 8, 6, and 5 bolt patterns.

SandBar

Full Time Patriot
I called around an no one had 16.5 rims locally. Found some online for 300+- shipped. I plan on a 12 bolt swap later, but no serious off roading until then. Anyone in FL have a set for sale?

$300+s&h for a set of four, or just for one rim?

$300 for a set would be a good price. I'd think most steel wheels in 16" or 16.5" sizes would be between $75-110 each.

You will almost certainly have to buy rims new in order to get 16.5's with a 6 bolt pattern.
16.5" rims only came stock on 8-bolt trucks with one or two very rare exceptions, so finding any used ones at a scrap yard will be nearly impossible.
Buying new rims will also be your cheapest and easiest solution. 6-bolt to 8-bolt spacers are pretty expensive and then you still have to buy 8-bolt rims anyways, plus it will put more strain on the axels with that large of a tire sticking further out.

I don't think there is a way to convert the 10bolt axle to an 8-lug, and if there is it'll cost you, and the axle will be just as weak as it was before...and you'd just be way better off finding a D60 or D44 front and 14bolt rear with 8-bolt hubs.

Vintage iron

I still have a bunch of HMMWV rims here in Mass. I can have them recentered for you too. Just found a great machine shop to work with. They are recentering some MRAP rims for me.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks