• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Ring Mount & Hard Top

cruzinz28

I am looking to get a price sometime next week hopefully. My contact that did the work for me was out of town looking at a new laser cutting machine and a punch press. I am headed on a cruise to Bermuda from this Saturday until next Tursday. As soon as I get cell service back I will check my email and post the price.

steve6x6x6

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I am looking to get a price sometime next week hopefully. My contact that did the work for me was out of town looking at a new laser cutting machine and a punch press. I am headed on a cruise to Bermuda from this Saturday until next Tursday. As soon as I get cell service back I will check my email and post the price.
How is that quote coming? I would like to mount one on a fiberglass top.

swampzr2

Milled from a SOLID piece of Aluminum??? Bet your glad you didn't go that route, the price would have tripled.

I had the choice to have it made from steel or aluminum. Since they have a lot of aluminum stocked at their shop that was the route they decided to take for me. My original design in CAD had it being milled from a solid peice of aluminum. They were able to make it out of Sheet Aluminum which definitly helped in the cost factor. It was a little labor intensive to roll the standing lip and weld it to the flat ring, but it turned out awesome.

Also by making it out of sheet aluminum it gave it the ability to form with the existing hardtop. In case you haven't looked at the top of your truck much, most are a little wavy and dented in places and when you cut the opening in it, it gets a little worse. The metal hard top is made of very, very thin metal and it is a b*tch to try to weld or patch if you have too.

I will try to take dimensions when I get home tonight.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks