• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Ring Mount Information Needed

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I had 2 complete M-66 rings and all hardware. I just could not see putting all that weight up there and risking cracking the cab sometime down the road. I really like the M49. It looks substantially lighter. What do you think just the ring weighs?

I'm guessing 150# maybe, with the trolley. Two people can easily ptck it up and put it in the bed of the truck. When I was checking the stuff out, I moved the rings by myself easily.

renovate7

Can anyone tell me which adapter plate, in the pics in post 5/17, is correct for a WWII application with the M36 ring? I got a set of the cast 1944 dated arms for my DUKW and now need the correct plate. Thanks For any help as I resurrect this old thread.

mkcoen

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Anyone planning on installing one of these should really add the cab reinforcement panel. I still have several left for $80 + shipping.

Milesperhour

I am interested in putting a m49 ring on my m35a2 as well. my neighbor runns the laser at a machine shop. Did you make patterns for the adapters? I can get them cut if you did. I have a m3 50 cal ( aircraft version of m2) set up with a heavy barrel and would like to mount it for parades and car shows. I live close to Branson MO and they have a huge veterans week every year. I have a NEED please help

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Blisters, did you find any links in the truck when you went through it? I put thousands of rounds down range with that mount on the truck.

blisters13

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Can someone PLEASE post the dimensions for the legs? OD, wall thickness, length. Arms too. Sketches. I'd really like to get this done by the end of April.

THANKS

blisters13

Steel Soldiers Supporter
MANY THANKS to Will Wagner, who has spent the time to make most of the tedious dimensions necessary to get this going!!:grd:

I have started the left rear leg....

IMG_8469_web.jpg
Blank brackets ($49 each, sheared and bent)
Drilled holes based on M49 ring pattern

IMG_8468_web.jpg
Test fit (yes there will be adapter plates to make
and install)

IMG_8479_web.jpg
Tube welded on; needs finish at
joint. Also cut 60" long, not 47"
as factory to get full clamp length
at cab back brackets

IMG_8474_web.jpg
The triangular stops: sheared from 3/16" x 1/2" bar

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks