• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Ring Mount Legs

jime

OK, so JWALLER is making cab plates for ringmounts. I think the next step is for someone to make legs. I could get it done, except I don't have any to measure from. Anyone in Ohio have any I could borrow to get the measurements?

Any interest in legs?

If we keep working a it, we could have the whole M66 set up before too long.

Last edited:

jwaller

I've got 3 sets of legs. they wouldn't be too bad to make bc they are pretty simple.
no don't ask me to take them off. but you can come measure them.

CatMan

Here are the dimensions from the M36 Ring mount. The WWII mounts fit the M-35's all same same. The sketch was done for the CCKW guys but I have had this mount on the M35A2 also.

Each leg is different. There are different styles of "arms" at the top as well.

Hope that helps ya,

Cat Man

Attachments

jime

The tough repop will be the ring mech itself.......I think they are cast and then machined...takes a big piece of equipment to do that.
Probably right on the money, Wreckerman. But I've never let the facts stop me from startining impossible tasks in the past!:roll:

I've been looking for a set-up. Have been seeing them in the past for about $1.5K. Have seen them recently for $3K. At the former price, it would be tough to justify making the stuff. At the latter, I think it looks more feasable to make and save a little money.

saddamsnightmare

June 30th, 2010.

jime:

Don't bother making the legs.....Redhead or not. Adelmann's Truck Parts in Canton, Ohio has the two rear legs, convoy lights and wiring, 1990 issue, for $150.00 for the kit and shipping. Guaranteed they are right from start and they come with the U bolts and all the other fittings except for the ring mounts.....:jumpin: Shipping will be via UPS and will be for a 90# box.....:mrgreen:

Check with the Chinese....They probably already make the ring mount and no EUC required.......!

jime

June 30th, 2010.
Adelmann's Truck Parts in Canton, Ohio has the two rear legs, convoy lights and wiring, 1990 issue, for $150.00 for the kit and shipping.
I called Adelmann's yesterday and they said they had nothing. I just called them again to make sure, and they still had nothing. Maybe an old ad? Thanks for the 'heads up' though.

You're probably right about the Chinese. I'm sure the political prisoners are cranking out ringmounts and legs in some dank dungeon as we speak!

wildbilly1760

Maybe a company in India could make the whole set up. They re pop all kinds of re enactor gear, and guns. Reverse engineering everything right down to the brown bess locks... And at half the price of a similar Japaneese or European quality..... i wish I had contacts over seas to look into making some stuff.

wildbilly1760

I havent given up on a US manufacturer. yet. There seems to be alot of intrest in machine gun mounts, and hopefully the M-66 is something they will consider reproducing. On another note. Is there much similarities in the $299.00 MG 42 ring mount that I see around in Shotgun news, and other web sites? It looks alot like the US ring mount. But I havent seen either in person to really compare.

jime

. On another note. Is there much similarities in the $299.00 MG 42 ring mount that I see around in Shotgun news, and other web sites? .
I've got an mg42 mount. Its smaller than the m66 ring. I'm pretty sure you can adapt the mg42 ring to the m66 legs. I'll use it until I find the real thing.

saddamsnightmare

July 1st, 2010.

jime:

You'll have to ask for the truck parts-electrical guy, because I called about 4 weeks ago looking for a Series 14 28VDC amber Federal Flasher beacon to make the set up for my truck for the upcoming Illinois road move, and he said he had the lights in pairs with the masts and kit complete for $150.00. They sent me the kit within the week, it was about two, three weeks ago at the most. Tell them you're looking for the Convoy light kit for the M35A2 deuce and a half.... If the first guy doesn't have a clue, ask for the parts department manager.....:-D

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks