• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

ring mount lubrication?

Tony

I have the same mount, it was frozen, took it all apart and freed up the bearings. I'm in the process of restoring my M-135 and I'm not to the point of putting the mount back on with the skate. I intend to repaint the ring, and not paint the part that the skate runs on. So far the only thing that I could think of to put on the ring is some sort of silicon lube which would not attract to much dirt. About the bearing, I haven't gone that far.
Let me know what you do

Jones

No lube as it's an open bearing. Any kind of grease in there would attract and hold dirt. Our motor pool guys say to run them dry and ocassionally blow them out with an air nozzle. (Everyone I've ever tried sounds dry when it's rotated). Constant use keeps them freed up so give yours a spin every once in a while.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks