• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

RIP Andrew Lukaesko - aka Scrounger

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
It is with a heavy heart that I must report of the passing of one of our members, Andrew T. Lukaesko, also known as Scrounger on this forum. He has been a long-time collector of MV stuff for decades, active in the hobby and a frequent show-goer to Aberdeen MV shows as well as other local events for as long as I can remember. I received word from a couple who had been caring for him in recent months, they got my number and let me know he passed on August 8th after a long illness.

For those in the DC Metro area who wish to pay their final respects, the service is this coming Thursday September 2nd in Clinton, MD. The details are in the attached announcement.

Attachments

Last edited:

BKubu

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I am so sorry. I last communicated with him on 8/3. His message:

Bruce,
Things could be better. I won't bore you with the details other that to say I'm glad that Maurice is around to help me out.
Andrew

I had been in contact with him several times over the previous several weeks and, each time, he was in fairly good spirits. His exact words to me: "Hope for the best, plan for the worst." I am very sorry to hear of his passing. Mike, thank you for sharing this. He was a good man, and he will be missed. He will continue to be in my prayers.

BKubu

Steel Soldiers Supporter
When last I saw Andrew in person in April, he had invited my wife and I over. When we were there, he insisted on opening a new bottle of Ron Zapata rum. He said, "they told me not to drink any alcohol, but how bad could it be for me given that I have cancer!" The three of us had a shot in his kitchen. I will not forget the many, many conversations we had over the years and at the shows. He was very knowledgeable about the trucks, and very willing to help. I will miss him.

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thank you for posting this up for all of us who knew Andrew through the SteelSoldiers forums.

Heavenly Father,
You have called our brother home. We pray that upon arrival he heard Your loving voice declare, "Well done, good and faithful servant."
Please be with all who grieve his passing - family, friends, and all the acquaintances like us whose lives he touched. Bring comfort and that peace that surpasses understanding by Your Holy Spirit.
May we each live our own lives in such a manner that we too will hear that same greeting when You call us home.
In Jesus' name we pray.
AMEN!

Troops,
I encourage anyone nearby who can attend the mass and burial to do so as ambassadors representing all of this SteelSoldiers family.
Thank you.
John Bariou
SS Chaplain
San Angelo, Texas, USA

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I found a few pics of Andrew when he was at Aberdeen MD show in May 2018, doing a BBQ dinner for a few friends. Also a pic, some years before, of his tractor/trailer setup that he was well known by, driving to the Aberdeen shows. He was always parked down by the bottom end of the show parking lot. I believe the truck pic was taken by me in 2008, but I might be off a year or so.

Hope you're enjoying wrenching in the Lord's motor pool, Andy. You have earned it.... :cry:

Attachments

rickf

I remember taking those pics. I had KP duty that day and it was cold and rainy but Scrounger was as positive as ever. He was determined to keep the dinner tradition alive after Cabell decided not to make the trip anymore and He put out quite the spread. I am sure at least half of it came out of his pocket but he never, ever complained. That was Scrounger. If you needed something he was always there for you.
RIP Andrew.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks