• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

RIP Major Richard "Dick" Winters, OC E Coy, 506th Regt, 101 AB Div

Seatyger

I know, this is an MV Forum and this particular area isnt WWII related so much But......... If the opportunity presents itself raise a glass to the memory of a man who showed you could have dignity and be a great warrior.

Major Richard "Dick" Winters, OC E Coy, 506th Regt, 101 AB Div, passed away at the age of 92. Never met the man but I had relatives in the 1st Canadian Parachute Division and they fought along side each other (Units)and never had a bad word to say about them.

In a world obsessed with XBOX and virtual gamesmanship he and others like him were the Real Deal.

So from me and we in the North to you and yours in the South :beer:
And for those currently serving- God Bless and Stay Safe.

Seatyger

I'm a bit slow. Just realized that I am a year out of date. My apologies. Thoughts are still the same. Maj. Winters passed away 02 January 2011.

RealCavDog

YES ! What 12vman said ! An update like this is good to bring the real deals of the world back to the forefront and to help garner the respect they so deserve !

And the Good Lord knows, we need all that we can get ! :beer:

OMP1973

Yes unfortunatley my brain has blended all the war books I have read into a great quagmire of misguided info. For some reason I put winters in Vietnam not where he belonged. No disrespect. I would be glad to be grouped with Carlos any day. A friend of mine met him one day at a marine base.

Matt

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks