• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Ripped off by Fast Track Logisitics.

• Thread starter Deleted member 22018
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

camp9

I've had this happen, it's a bummer when it does, but they charge by the weight and these things happen. I'd call them and explain what happened, you might be surprised that they'll work with you.

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
This was my first purchase from GL. Next time I will be more informed. I not trying to blame someone else for my lack of knowledge. Thanks for all the advise.

I do work in the manufacturing business, and when I give a quote I can't tell the customer it will be 30% more because it was more work than I thought. I would be out of business in no time.
I would not bid on GL unless I had a set plan to bid and recover myself-ever!:deadhorse:

SCSG-G4

PSVB 3003
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Fast Track Logistics is a broker for shipping services, with local 'agents' that are more 'affiliated' than employees of a company. Often they will have someone at the larger locations every day, preparing shipments to go out and when they have a truck load call the lowest price company to pick up the load and take it to their loading dock, where it will be routed to a local loading dock near the final destination. I don't think you will ever see any trucks or trailers marked "Fast Track Logistics".2cents

ranchhopper

Thats a lot of weight for six tires and wheels unless they were 1600s in this case they probably used the wrong class on your freight. Your tires and rims should have been class 60 or scrap tires thats what you bought them as thats what they were from the govt. There is huge price differences on the same item as to what they are classed if you dispute it ask them what they classed your freight.

BKubu

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I am not commenting on the price, but I think this transaction worked the way every other shipping transaction has worked for me. You provided them a weight from the GL website. They based their original shipping quote on that weight (they are not responsible for the information provided by GL). They picked up the item and reweighed it. They determined that the original weight estimate was off and revised their shipping quote. This happens all the time. I just shipped something via FED EX. I have an account and specified the weight online to receive a shipping quote (I used a bathroom scale to determine the weight...not the most reliable scale, but all I had for the item). When I got it to FED EX, they reweighed the item and adjusted the shipping cost to account for the actual weight (the item actually weighed a bit under what I thought). This IS how it works. I feel sorry for ya and I wish this had gone more smoothly, but this is how the process works when shipping through freight companies when you get the weight wrong.

BKubu

Steel Soldiers Supporter
You think they would call and tell u first and not just charge your card!!!:cookoo:
How would that work? They based the quote on the weight provided by GL. The shipping company is not liable for that incorrect information. I NEVER use the GL weight estimate unless it makes sense to me. Even then, if I am uncertain, I will estimate a higher weight and I know the price could change after they reweigh the item. OK, so they get the item back to their location and reweigh the item. Now, they determine that the item weighs more than they were told. So, what are they supposed to do? Return the item to the GL location? This is not happening because they'd have to eat the time and fuel to return it and GL would not accept it. I have had items that were reweighed and the shipping cost went up. They never contact you. Shipping companies usually reweigh because a lot of customers will give a lower weight with the hope that their quote is lower...and the shipping companies know this.

abh3

GLcaines, cpf240: DON'T assume a CC will automatically go for bat for you with charges for SERVICES, some will, some won't... My own dispute w Fast Track worked out well thanks to Visa but it took some 'splaining and faxing to get there!

Fast Track pulled the same crap with me moving an excavator, I provided them make, model, serial number, factory spec sheet, etc. and they STILL tried the after the fact charge, that's just how freight brokers make their money and why they have the reputations of used car dealers... And that wasn't the least of it, they'd promised a lowboy and sent a DROP DECK, I'm a Class A CDL and there's no way in **** I'd have pulled off with a 50k lb excavator loaded that high, just a rockin' from side to side!! If there just didn't happen to be rock piles at both ends of the trip it'd never loaded/unloaded in the first place. That driver was some kind of relieved to get that load off his trailer...

abh3

BKubu: Ever had a freight broker give you a REFUND after that weigh ticket has it less than the quoted weight? They are all pirates, deal with them as such...

DUG

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
This was my first purchase from GL. Next time I will be more informed. I not trying to blame someone else for my lack of knowledge. Thanks for all the advise.

I do work in the manufacturing business, and when I give a quote I can't tell the customer it will be 30% more because it was more work than I thought. I would be out of business in no time.
It wasn't more work than they thought. I was more work than you TOLD them. Unless they went out and inspected/checked the items before they bid, the bid was made on info you provided. There is no difference between you not knowing the correct weight because GL's info was incorrect or if you straight up lied to them in an effort to save a few bucks. The items were heavier than you told them. ( I am in no way suggesting you lied to them, just using that as an example )

I'll bet if they had the correct info, they would have bid correctly and you would have rejected their bid and looked elsewhere.

:driver:

D

Deleted member 22018

I just got off the phone with Fast Track hoping we could reach an agreement. I figured it would not be a full refund, so I saked for 50% they said no. I talked to the gal and explaned my situiation and asked for 10%. She said no. So I off to the the bank to dispute the charges.

I know some of you think I am taking this too far, but its crap they charge my account 30 days after the tires are delived with no notice. They have my money, so at this point I don't care if I win or loose. I will hit them with $319.22 worth of paper work, phone calls and lost time dispuiting the extra charges.

I am sorry if I pissed anyone off this is just how I feel.

M1075

Fast Track Logistics didn't weigh anything. This is an adjustment passed down from the LTL carrier. If you look on their website, this is the first sentence "Fast Track Logistics is a third party, non–asset based, broker of transportation program services".

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Why did you ask for 50% off when you said you were fine with the original price? They only increased the final cost by 32%.

Did they tell you the "quote" was a quote, or an estimate? Did they say the price was firm and correct, no matter what?

Did you weight the shipment on a certified scale, so you have something to prove there was or was not a discrepancy in the weight(if that is what they based the extra charge on)?

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 22018

Why did you ask for 50% off when you said you were fine with the original price? They only increased the final cost by 32%.

Did they tell you the "quote" was a quote, or an estimate? Did they say the price was firm and correct, no matter what?

Did you weight the shipment on a certified scale, so you have something to prove there was or was not a discrepancy in the weight(if that is what they based the extra charge on)?
I ment 50% of the extra $319.22. I don't want any money back on the $622 that was quoted.

porkysplace

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Have you weighed the shipment as delivered ? does this weight match the weight increase on the bill ?

If you call the scrapyard and tell them " I got a ton of scrap , how much ? "
They tell you $ 200 . But they weight it and it's 2 1/2 ton , do you expect them to pay you another $ 100 ? Or do you agree with the quote of $ 200 based on the weight you gave them .

Last edited:

BKubu

Steel Soldiers Supporter
BKubu: Ever had a freight broker give you a REFUND after that weigh ticket has it less than the quoted weight? They are all pirates, deal with them as such...
I mainly deal with the same broker that I have dealt with previously. That particular broker HAS contacted me with a lower rate once they weighed the item. On the rare occasions that I go with someone I don't know, I usually try to guess a bit high so I am not surprised in the end.

D

Deleted member 22018

After reading some replies I have decided to sell my 1971 M813 for $1.00
All I need is a card number so I can charge you what I think its worth later.

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
After reading some replies I have decided to sell my 1971 M813 for $1.00
All I need is a card number so I can charge you what I think its worth later.
According to the site rules--NO for sale ads are allowed in the main forum, only in the classifieds, this needs to go or an infraction will be given,
Ron, Classifieds Mod

Status
Not open for further replies.
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks