• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Riverside SOCAL Meet 25 May

armytruck63

It was fun seeing everyone and the three trucks that showed up, including the movie star truck. If anyone got pictures, please post them.

Thanks,
Matt

DUG

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
We had a good time. Three trucks and three without trucks which isn't bad for last minute before a long weekend. The convoy to pick up the Indy movie star deuce was a fun ride.

I only got a couple pics since I had to buy a new camera and took it out of the box as we headed out the door.

Hopefully there will be enough interest for monthly meets.

Attachments

Barneyszoo

That was a good time, and good turnout for a first time. We need to try and pick a week and do it every month, like the 3rd or last Wed. of the month. It was cool to just hang out and talk trucks and here what guys are working on. Goodtimes

TheRecorder

Like Barneyszoo said,
I like the transition of camo colors on the three trucks from 3 color CARC, to a mix of that and tan, to desert tan.

See photos from DUG.

Last edited:

JDToumanian

Yup it's going to become a camper, but rather minimalist... A/C on the roof but I'm not sure about a genset so the A/C may only work when plugged in to shore power. I'm going to paint the walls seafoam green, leave the roof white. Clean, sand, stain, and seal the floor. Interior appointments have yet to be determined...

I've got a line on an M275 tractor to pull it with. :cool:

Jon

armytruck63

Wouldn't your Detroit Diesel M52 would pull that trailer nicer than an M275, even though the M275 is technically correct?

Nice score!

Last edited:

JDToumanian

The M52 runs very well but has bad tires and unfortunately also has a cracked frame, and may ultimately end up parted out. It is titled but not registered or insured so it wouldn't be able to go on the base for recovery anyway... I'll probably pay Barstow Towing to do it, unless someone local wants to do it for fun, fuel, and food.

Jon

dezert ratt

We had a good time. Three trucks and three without trucks which isn't bad for last minute before a long weekend. The convoy to pick up the Indy movie star deuce was a fun ride.

I only got a couple pics since I had to buy a new camera and took it out of the box as we headed out the door.

Hopefully there will be enough interest for monthly meets.
hey DUG did you tow a white enclosed trailer to the camp dirtbag meet? i saw a tan m35 with orange convoy lights above the cab, passed my house off scott rd in menifee and i figured it was someone going to dirtbag. i hope there are more of these local meets, i dont have a mv yet but it would be cool to meet you other so cal mv enthusiasts (sp)

DUG

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
hey DUG did you tow a white enclosed trailer to the camp dirtbag meet? i saw a tan m35 with orange convoy lights above the cab, passed my house off scott rd in menifee and i figured it was someone going to dirtbag. i hope there are more of these local meets, i dont have a mv yet but it would be cool to meet you other so cal mv enthusiasts (sp)
I towed the scout trailer to Idylwild instead of going to Dirtbag. We had a huge competition that weekend (which we won).

So yeah, that was me. I live off of Bundy.

Loco_Hosa

I would really like to do another gathering around the 22nd or so, since I will be moving away from Cali absolutely no later than the 25th.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks