• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

road draft tube / slobber tube

RAYZER

I also used some cheap hose from the hardware store, it was 1/8" smaller ID so I used a heat gun to soften up the hose end, pushed it on and clamped it.

Now, I have seen a multi fuel engine (not mine) spit out a quart all at once from the slobber tube! This was due to an excessively high oil level, caused by a severe fuel leak into the crank case, caused by bad hydraulic head O rings.

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
All these comments about the hose being 1 1/4" and 3' seem too long to me; maybe my slobber tube is longer than most?

(really I am being serious I don't think it's 3')

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I just installed one that was 3'. Came to about 3"-4" below the axle.

welldigger

Hmm....guess I finally need to grab a chunk of something. My axle and starter have a nice sticky coating of old motor oil. Doesn't seem to belch much even when I drive it hard.....which is always.

TsgtB

I am missing a plug for my slobber tube, I have one vent line to it, and need to find the size of a plug for the bottom hole.

Floridianson

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Need to climb under and see if you can stick your elbow in the hole. If it don't fit then you need to go smaller on the plug.

TsgtB

I tried to get the plug out of an old engine, but it stripped out the allen head before it would come out, i'm sure it had the good loctite on it...
I heated and beat on it and had no luck....
Maybe my elbow will fit.... i'm just lucky to have 2.

FloridaAKM

My Deuce came from WRAFB & they like to strip stuff like your VIN tag, your slobbertube & other unnessary stuff off the truck before sending it to DRMO. The slobber tube needed to be replaced since there was none & my cheapest route was McMAster-Carr for a blue silicone hose that was 3 feet long. That hose was way too long, so it was routed along the frame to under the cab & down. It works & doesn't dump oil residue anywhere on the front axel now....