• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Road trip kits?

maxpanic

I have seen posts on here before about what to take in your deuce on a long road trip. I have used advanced search and can't seem to find any of them. I guess I just don't know what to search for. In any case I would like to know what parts would be good to keep costs down when taking my m109 on a long road trip. I plan to drive and sleep in the truck and thus for 2-3k miles I would want to make sure I know what parts to take along as spares to keep the trip from turning into a nightmare. I thought about taking two deuces and towing one with the tow bar but that seems a little extreme even if the trucks are 40 years old. So if anyone can show me where these old posts are or can provide me with there list of items needed for such a trip I would really appreciate it as I am preparing for my twice per year trip driving across the country.

Thanks for the help on this.

Max

maxpanic

thank you very much, exactly what I was looking for. Sorry to have wasted posting space.

This does seem like it is mostly a fluids list. I was hoping for parts, like what to do if the brake line breaks and what the best parts are to carry to fix it.

Last edited:

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
For that long a trip I would carry one of just about every hand tool you can think of.

2 sets of filters
Some air line fittings like couplings and ends
Maybe one of each soft brake lines
Couple of wheel cylinders or rebuild kits
Two spare tires
2 sets of belts
Spare headlight or 2
Box of 24v bulbs for tail lights
Some cribbing timbers for jacking it up
Hand cleaner
Spare lug nuts for both LH and RH
Spare studs for both LH and RH
Multimeter
20 foot roll of automotive wire in red
20 foot roll of automotive wire in black
Electrical tape
Duct tape
Both radiator hoses

Last edited:

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
An M105 with ever part and tool you have.............

Second credit card with a higher limit

porkysplace

Steel Soldiers Supporter
for that long a trip i would carry one of just about every hand tool you can think of.

2 sets of filters
some air line fittings like couplings and ends
maybe one of each soft brake lines
couple of wheel cylinders or rebuild kits
two spare tires
2 sets of belts
spare headlight or 2
box of 24v bulbs for tail lights
some cribbing timbers for jacking it up
hand cleaner
spare lug nuts for both lh and rh
spare studs for both lh and rh
multimeter
20 foot roll of automotive wire in red
20 foot roll of automotive wire in black
electrical tape
duct tape
a jack

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks