• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Road trip!...only 900 miles this time!

mutt_kahuna

Well another military motorcycle followed me home yesterday...this time a 1975 A350 Condor made by Ducati for the Swiss military...left from the Fallon,Nevada FOB at 0500 and headed due south to mojave,ca onto hwy 58 over the Tehachapi pass to Bakersfield/oildale...that segment took right 8 hours with one fuel stop...loaded up the condor and decided to go back another way...so onto hwy 99 north towards sacramento....one more fuel stop and a dinner break and onto I-80 east towards Fallon...900 miles and right at 17.5 hours total...cheapest gas was 3.69...most I paid was 3.99 to the Indians south of Bishop,Ca....seemd like turlock/modesto had the best prices up hwy 99 at $3.85 (apx 10-15 cents cheaper) ......kinda interesting about the Condor..Ducati made apx 3000 from 1973-1978......Will be really different compared to my USMC KLR250 and MT-500 Harley...besides left side kick start,it has a right side foot shift...1st gear being up and the other 4 down...here's some pics of the new toy and a family portrait,including one of the original Swiss title

Attachments