• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Road trip to Leesburg,GA on Friday April 29th

AMGeneral

Hi folks,

I will be leaving here with the M54A1C on Friday April 29th and headed to Leesburg, GA to pick up my M322 LT equipment trailer from Sandcobra164.

Hopefully all will go well,we plan to overnight in Cordele,then make the trip back on Saturday.

We will be taking I-85 south to US-441 towards Athens, then US-441/129 to Macon, then I-75 to GA hwy 300 towards Albany.

I will post up any problems and an after action report and pictures Saturday night.

sandcobra164

325 Thundering Springs Road, Leesburg, GA, 31763. My GPS stops at Thundering Springs Baptist Church. Go just past that and take the dirt road to the right. 1/2 mile on it and you will realize you are at the right spot. Easy giveaway will be the CUCV, M1102, M105, M923, 2 M322 trailers and the MK 48/14 combo. I only own the first four listed but due to a great deal of rain, they are all parked next to the road on the ¨high ground¨.

sandcobra164

AMG and Jennifer are rolling just fine. They ate a late supper over here, Jennifer and Lee spoiled my boys and all is well. Brandon got hooked to his trailer rather quickly but I started talking a little and he got hungry!!! Good Thing , Lee is a good cook and we had warm leftovers! Jen got suckered into some hugs and kisses from my boys but I dont think she minded! She was amazed at how much they have grown from GA Rally to Rally. Wonderful Evening!!!

AMGeneral

Well,another successful recovery in the mirror,

Roughly 800 miles in 2 days,7 mpg on the trip down,6 mpg on the way back. Jennifer did manage to get 62.2 mpg in the chase vehicle though.:mrgreen:

The Mack did notice the trailer back there,not as bad as I thought it would,I managed to maintain 50 to 54 mph over the entire trip.

The only repair required was a leaky axle gasket that I replaced Saturday morning at the hotel in Cordele, GA.

I did note 1 small drip leak from the PTO I installed,evidently it needs a new shift shaft seal.

A special thanks to Joseph(sandcobra) and Lee for their hospitality Friday night,unfortunately we never get to visit as long as we would like.

I only took 4 pictures,all at home. The last picture is my usual load of spares,tools, and fuel I usually carry on any sizable trip, just like an American Express card,I don't leave home without it!

Attachments

Last edited:

sandcobra164

Brandon,
I am glad you made it home safely! The NHC250 in the M923 notices it slightly but that trailer made it to 72 mph for most of the ride home and towed fine at 2,100 rpm. No noticeable smoke indicated by trail vehicle during the initial recovery.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks