• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Road Trip TX -> North, SEPT 29 - OCT 14

OPCOM

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Update on the oil leak coming from the joint between the turbo and the turbo oil return tube:

I fould a loose bolt there on the bottom of the turbocharger. I believe that since they had the turbo off, and for some time it was hanging by the oil return tube and hose, they bent the flange of the oil return tube. I believe that when they took this off and put it back together, they did not notice or straighten the flange. The bolt was not finger-loose, but was definitely wrench-loose. Therefore, despite how they claimed (because the turbo-to-drain tube gasket was not on the list of parts replaced) to have not had this apart and did not want to be responsible for it, it was in fact was their fault, since they had this off and apart. :?

Later today I'm going to drive ftom Dallas to Teague and back. I can see if I have completely stopped the leak then. I hope the tube doesn't snap off or anything. In a way this cheezes me off, but I forgive them.

OPCOM

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Ok.. 200 mile roud trip.. still leaking. I have to take the thing apart. I bet it's bent somehow where it goes together.

Is it alot of trouble to remove the turbo drain tube? - considering the rubber hose and its attachment to the engine. Can barely reach this from the bottom.

cranetruck

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
OPCOM said:
Ok.. 200 mile roud trip.. still leaking. I have to take the thing apart. I bet it's bent somehow where it goes together.

Is it alot of trouble to remove the turbo drain tube? - considering the rubber hose and its attachment to the engine. Can barely reach this from the bottom.
Yeah Patrick, it can be a PITA to work with and hard to find a replacement hose locally unless you go with a substitute hose (1" I believe). The hoses I found at NAPA etc, did not have the high temp spec needed to handle the hot oil.
When taking it off, it may be most expedient to simply cut it with a utilty knife. The new hose should slide on without too much trouble.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks