• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Road Trip

taylordc15

CCATLETT1984, I will get some pics for you when I pick it up in a month or so.

Military Restoration, the 1009 I bought from Jetnoise400, the M35 I got from Halftrack.
I am trying to find a tow bar along the route to save myself some shipping, if I cant find one I will PM you about yours, thanks for the offer.

AJMBLAZER

Wow...awesome pics.

A guy I used to work with was stationed in the Philippines in the 70's and is a big WWII buff. Says he used to use up all his time off seeing all the "left overs" he could find. Even got out to Corregidor before they started scrapping the guns and metal works there.

citizensoldier

Very nice pictures and once again thank you for sharing them.. It felt like I was there.. So much loss on those islands . Let us never forget that freedom is not free!..
Yep you hijacked your own post real good.. What was it you wanted again? :D

offroaddiesel

those pics. are great,aere they all in a protected area or some sort of a museum.i should be out in the shop doing something but i would rather look at them again. the auto on thre tripod would look good on a coffe table in my house. i can see alot of great lawn decorations. the pictures of the tunnels, any idea whats in there and how deep they go , oohh to many questions ,i think iam going to move down there. keep them coming so i can stay in the house. steve

taylordc15

No not a museum, there is nothing on Iwo Jima but a Japanese military base and they ensure nothing gets taken. Wake is only used to refuel military aircraft and since the last typhoon not even that anymore. A lot of the other sites the stuff remains just because there are not a lot of people going through and you aren't getting on a plane with any of that stuff.

All the tunnels I have been in were collapsed and you couldn't get very far into them. The exception to that was on Iwo Jima, that whole island is still very much like it was in WWII, I went in a couple of tunnels there that went down for at least three levels and had so many branches that I had to stop for fear of not being able to find my way back out.

MarineTracs

Those photos are outstanding! Being an old Amtrac'er, I especially liked the photo of the WWII AmTank. I plan on retiring within the next few years and, being a widower, will probably try to do some traveling to occupy my mind as well as kill time. I knew I wanted to go to the WWI USMC battlefields in France and suspected that I would enjoy some of the Pacific sites. Now I know that I will. Semper Fi, Sir!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks