• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Roadside help needed Jamestown/Sabina OH ( I-71& SR72)

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
DH And Gimpy are at Kipman's. They got the M819 running yesterday. Today's goal is to fix Gimpy's truck so he can drive it home this weekend!
I'm hearing that you folks got the better of the 2 M819s. That's good and a huge relief for me as I would have felt bad leading you to a piece of junk. So is Eric considering driving it back to NY with the car on the 5th wheel?

GamaGoatGirl

I'm hearing that you folks got the better of the 2 M819s. That's good and a huge relief for me as I would have felt bad leading you to a piece of junk. So is Eric considering driving it back to NY with the car on the 5th wheel?
I don't think so -I think it will be staying at Stretch's place for a while...

Speddmon

Blind squirrel rehabiltator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I just talked to gimp a little while ago, they were on the way to oilcan's storage yard to get gimps spare LDS in the can that tumbled down the hill.

I can't get back over there until later in the morning tomorrow or early afternoon, but tomorrow morning, they're going to get anything bolted to the motor that it may need, and try to get it running before they install it. If all goes well, the plan is to drag the wrecker and motor up to stretches and we're going to try to get it back together for him.

GamaGoatGirl

Just talked to Doghead- they took our "new" wrecker to Oilcan's (in Zanesville, OH) to pick up Gimpy's motor in a can. Our wrecker seems to be working well! He couldn't talk long - they were waiting for him to unload it.

badgmc56

Gimpy, I hope things go smooth on the motor swap. I wish I was closer, I would jump in and turn some wrenches. Too bad about the broken crank. That is an odd one. Only one I have seen was in a 283 chevy doing about 9000 rpm. Good luck on the new motor. Bob C.

scooter01922

Hmm, so let me get this straight.....the wrecker that was to be recovered with gimps wrecker is the one driving around and is gonna help swap an engine into the truck that was supposed to tow it. Yeah, that sounds about right for this place.....:roll:

GamaGoatGirl

Ok - new update - another issue - they opened the can with the LDS motor - it wasn't an LDS motor - it was a NHC 250 Cummins engine!

So the plan for tomorrow will be to load everything up in the running vehicles and tow Gimpy's truck to Stretch's place.

I think they are giving up for the night - Kipman hasn't been feeling well at all and is resting... Hoping it gets better soon!

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Ok - new update - another issue - they opened the can with the LDS motor - it wasn't an LDS motor - it was a NHC 250 Cummins engine!
:shock: Ain't that a heck of a note. Wish I was closer so I could lend a hand.

kipman

I just left DH, Gimp, Oilcan, they are still at the farm, they are leaving today for stretchs place. All is going fine, Gimps crank is broken, DH is fixing the muffler on his truck, then he will be pulling Gimps junker to stretchs house, and I still fell like roadkill.:cry:

Srjeeper

Gimps crank is broken, :cry:[/quote]

Now there's three words I'll bet he never wanted to see associated with his name...:doh: :mrgreen:

GamaGoatGirl

Doghead and Gimpy have made it to Stretch's place with no issues. They will be spending the night there. Not sure what is planned for tomorrow. I think Doghead is probably heading home sometime tomorrow and leaving the wrecker at Stretch's place.

Hoping someone(oilcan???) took some pictures of the whole "rally" as Doghead said he didn't!

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
Wow, yous guys (and gals) are well informed! As stated, the motor listed as a 5ton multifuel is infact an NHC 250. Looks to have new gaskets on it. Anyone wanna trade for an LDS? Gahh!

Well, I'm glad DH's deal was so good. We got it running in no time and used it to tow my M62 up to Stretch's place. WOW the M819 is an awesome truck. I thought I was done wanting. By my figure, I just drove/towed 70Klbs from southeast of Columbus to northwest of it. M819-M62-M105 with a 250 in can and LOTS of tools and parts! Talk about sink or swim for that 819. Thanks for all the well wishes and calls to help. I am sorry for not answering all the calls, we had ALOT to accomplish in little time. Anyhoo, should have some pics up soon, I think kip,stretch,and oilcan took some. Wish me luck getting the ole' girl running again!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks