• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

rod on hood driver side

Bob H

Steel Soldiers Supporter
..................................................i would just like to see yall help out the new people on here.
There is no better way to help than to suggest reading the -10 manual.
You ask on a internet forum and you get opinions, you read the operators manual and you get fact.

I don't want to be any where near an old MV when the operator is not familiar with the operators manual.

jasonjc

Page 2-92 of the TM 9-2320-361-10 also talks about the hood. Also if you look at just about any maintenance task in the TM the frist page of the task will list "INITIAL SETUP" this will tell what TM you will need , equipment condition I.E. hood open or parking brake set or if other parts need to be removed frist and it will tell you what TM you find how to do that in. And will give you some general safety instructions for that task.

caliber1

Read and make notes, I have stacks of pads with notes on, each pad has a title for the topic of the notes, and I am one of the older members both in age and when joined,
LOL, the running joke at my shop is "where's my d**n note pad". I write stuff down then lose the pad.

Many trucks have a stenciled under the hood "secure hood when raised" or something like that.
Yep. Thanks for the post OP, now I know which TMs I need to read and download.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks