• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Rodger's M109 camper & roof rack

Rodger

Hello All

I have wanted to post pictures of my M109 camper roof rack for a while.
The guy who built it is usually in central New Mexico.
If you want one, I can pass your name & number on to him.
The space near the center is for a roof vent, swamp cooler or air conditioner.

You will also see one of the school bus mirrors & the vice.
The mirrors are great for the blind spots & seeing in front of the truck.

The front window of the box has been modified into a emergency door. Photos later.

Rodger
Placitas NM

Attachments

Rodger

I bought the tie hooks, square tube steel & expended steel. I had the landing mat already.
The work was a partial trade of a motorhome I sold, so the price is not easy to figure out.
Roughly: Steel $350. Spray paint $60. Labor was three or four days, by someone who had made a similar rack before.
The roof is curved, so it is about two inches above the center and about 7 above the sides.
One of the tool boxes has a handle bolted to it so I can hold on when I walk around it.
I bent in the short front edges if the landing mat because they would catch & rip my pants.

-Rodger

Deucelander

That's a lot of extra space. Nice job! Is the leg of the roof rack sitting in the gutter and the outer plate acts as a clamp or is outer plate welded to the gutter?