• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Rons Classifieds News, July Edition

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
Classifieds News, July Edition

http://www.steelsoldiers.com/forum-news/91503-no-weapons-classifieds.html

1----- THERE WILL BE NO MORE REMINDER PMS, Not my job to remind you to follow the rules, We have been at this for a while, EVERYBODY should be up to speed on the DOs/DON'Ts, just a warning/infraction along with a ad delete.

READ the rules FIRST, If there still a QUESTION, PM/EMAIL/CALL me

2----- For those that can not find the Classifieds Rules (tired of "CAN NOT FIND" the rules, did "NOT SEE" the rules), link below may help
http://www.steelsoldiers.com/vehicles-sale/77660-classifieds-rules.html

3----- It was brought to my attention that some DO NOT know how to DELETE there no longer needed ad, I apologize for this, I ASSUMED that everybody did (you know what they say about ASSUMING) so to fix MY oversight here is,
how you DELETE your not needed ad.

How TO DELETE YOUR AD, I would suggest that if you have memory problems that you SAVE the HOW TO to your notepad.

A-- on your #1 post of your AD (thread),
B-- click on EDIT,
C-- when edit page shows,
D-- click on DELETE,
E-- a new drop down shows, on the new drop down,
F-- click on DELETE lower LEFT, (bottom button)
G-- click on DELETE lower RIGHT,
H-- GONE

4----- I have been getting a bunch of NON mv related ads. If it is not a FOR TRADE but only FOR SALE ad, The AD will be DELETED along with a WARNING/INFRACTION. the classifieds ARE NOT here to get rid of your miscellaneous STUFF, CL, EBAY IS

From the forum rules
"Please keep all classified ads military vehicle related."

5----- Still getting NO price, Getting a lot better, not sure the thought process here ??, how can you sell something if NO ONE KNOWS what the asking price is. NO price = deletion and infraction

From the classifieds rules
Advertisements must have a PRICE and location in first post, ads without them will be deleted. Repeat offenders will loose their classifieds privileges. This means NO MAKE OFFER, PHONE FOR PRICE, or PM for PRICE
A FOR TRADE still REQUIRES some kind of value PRICE

6----- TEXT TALK is getting out of hand, TEXT TALK = AD/POST GONE, WARNING/INFRACTION

FROM the SITE RULES
Do not post as if texting and do avoid the use of texting abbreviations. We are not the grammar police but we want everyone to easily read your post in at least 8th grade English.

7----- NO longer needed ads still seem to be a DELETION problem, can not figure out why, you would think deleting a ad was like a rocket launch sequence ??
IF you can not delete, ask how ( see #3 above), if you do not want to delete, do not post.
DO NOT post or PM me "YOU can delete this now", this is NOT how YOU DELETE a ad.
SO no more PM warnings, just an warning/infraction

From the Classifieds rules
DELETE DEAD ADS, or update the thread as items are sold.
THIS also MEANS FREE ADs and WANT ADs
This rule is to keep the classifieds becoming like the old classifieds, with a waste of time for members

8----- You guys that post ads in BLACK (BLACK) ought to think about it before you do, very hard to read on the SITE OD BACKGROUND, if members can not read your ad, they are not going to BUY, I am no longer changing type color., If the BLACK is because you are using your smart phone to post the ads, I would suggest that you RETRAIN your smart phone.

9----- Guys PLEASE highlight your price, if I can not find it and I am looking for it , HOW can a WANT-TO-BE-BUYER find it, again if your smart phone can not SEE a highlight, RETRAIN your smart phone.

10---- Each ad is a SEPERATE POSTING, just because YOU posted FIVE ADS at the same time that VIOLATED the rules on the same second, minute, hour, day, week, month, or year, means you ONLY get ONE warning/infraction. WRONG, EACH ad stands ALONE, in fact MULITIPLE crap ads at one time CAN get you on FIRST NAME basis with CL, EBAY, the local FISH WRAPER, ect..

11---- NO BODY IS SPECIAL, EVERYBODY is treated the same, it does not matter if you are a 20,000 poster or a first poster, if YOU THINK YOU ARE SPECIAL make FRIENDS with the CL ect. STAFF

12---- Been getting MORE non-response complaints, Please manage your ad, You CAN NOT sell or buy if you DO NOT answer the questions. If you DO NOT want to MANAGE your ad, DO NOT PLACE ONE

From the Classifieds Rules
As a AD POSTER, try to subscribe to your threads. This will allow you to MANAGE your listing better, to RESPOND to questions, offers, ect. that are either PMs or POST in a reasonable time frame, this DOES NOT mean PHONE, EMAIL, ECT. for details or answers

13---- Guys please REFRAIN from "GREAT TRUCK", "Wish I HAD THE MONEY", "WISH IT WAS CLOSER", "SOMEBODY IS GOING TO GET A NICE TRUCK", "ECT". I have as much as THREE pages of this in ONE ad, all it does is drag out a ad, makes it HARD to find the info.. The CLASSIFIEDS are not SHOW MY RIDE, so keep your post ad related (info, got the item, great RECEIVED item, ect)

As the CLASSIFIEDS MOD, MY JOB is to MAKE SURE the the CLASSIFIEDS run smoothly, NOT be everybody's friend, also attitudes and told to pound sand DO NOT go over very well, in fact WILL lead to a direct CL, ECT. FRIENDSHIP

SSers, WE are NOT going back to the OLD classifieds, it is either as it is or NONE

99.9% are doing everything that they should, THANK YOU, The other .1% SPECIAL MEMBERS can end up loosing classifieds posting from 1 week to ??? for repeat offences.

I am open to all suggestions to make the classifieds better, and PLEASE if someone sees something I need to take care of, LET ME KNOW, I am here also to HELP as well as to keep things running smoothly, so If I can be of some HELP, ASK, again PM/EMAIL/PHONE.

The MODs are here to help the SITE remain running SMOOTHLY, not holding your hand, that is your MOMs or SIGNIFICANT OTHERS JOB,

Last edited by a moderator:

3dAngus

You cannot properly see the delete radio button.

The text on it need be modified with a color change so all can see it clearly. There is one of two that you select, and it has to be the right one.

It's a site issue.

Great job Ron.

73m819

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
You cannot properly see the delete radio button.

The text on it need be modified with a color change so all can see it clearly. There is one of two that you select, and it has to be the right one.

It's a site issue.

Great job Ron.
Thanks for bring that up
Does not matter as long as the BOTTOM LEFT BUTTON is clicked on. (added to the how to)

ARYankee

13---- Guys please REFRAME from "GREAT TRUCK", "Wish I HAD THE MONEY", "WISH IT WAS CLOSER", "SOMEBODY IS GOING TO GET A NICE TRUCK", "ECT". I have as much as THREE pages of this in ONE ad, all it does is drag out a ad, makes it HARD to find the info.. The CLASSIFIEDS are not SHOW MY RIDE, so keep your post ad related (info, got the item, great RECEIVED item, ect)

Thank you. It was starting to bother me seeing those. I can understand asking questions but it seemed folks were using it like the normal forums as a discussion.

73m819

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
Thank you. It was starting to bother me seeing those. I can understand asking questions but it seemed folks were using it like the normal forums as a discussion.
I am about to start a CLEAN UP, this ride/part PIMPING has gotten WAY out of hand

swiss

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Great job Ron!

I love the state being highlighted, really helps to focus on stuff that is nearby. To all the SS that I have done business with, thank you you all are great to work with.

:grd:

3dAngus

This is the problem why people cannot delete. You cannot see this (below) unless it is all highlighted, as I did, in the example below. If the colors were changed to yellow or white or any other color, it would not be an issue and all would not be having the problems they are having in deleting classifieds. It would take about 20 seconds to fix, but has to be done by an admin.
Deletion Options

Do Not Delete Message
Delete Message

Reason for Deletion:

edit: It did not come out precisely correct as the radio buttons from the classified edit page are not showing, but Andrew would know what it is.

Same goes for me.To all the SS members i have done buisness with Thanks And Though i know i make mistakes i usually try not to get up tight Life is to short Thanks To all the ADMINS yall do an amazing job with The Site ;) I hope To get my classified ads deleted as i sell stuff :] i will be on it more often now that i know;):grd:

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I always try and put the price in the add title. I think it helps to know the price right up front before opening the add. That way, if it's a good price it will bring more attention to the add. If the price is high the prospective buyers would waste their time opening the add.

It's not a big deal but personally I'd like to see this as a rule. What do you think Ron?

73m819

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
I always try and put the price in the add title. I think it helps to know the price right up front before opening the add. That way, if it's a good price it will bring more attention to the add. If the price is high the prospective buyers would waste their time opening the add.

It's not a big deal but personally I'd like to see this as a rule. What do you think Ron?
Not a bad idea, though would only work on vehiciles, multiple of parts and misc, there would be no way that would work

swiss

Steel Soldiers Supporter

Great IDEA, you have to list the price anyway, why not have it in Title.

:ditto::ditto::ditto::ditto:

Terracoma

If the price is high the prospective buyers would waste their time opening the add.
This can become a double-edged sword if the seller lowers their price after the fact.

I tried modifying the title of a thread of mine awhile back, and the change was not reflected until you opened the thread.

73m819

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
This can become a double-edged sword if the seller lowers their price after the fact.

I tried modifying the title of a thread of mine awhile back, and the change was not reflected until you opened the thread.
That is a good point, a MOD is needed for a thread title change, this applies to the classifieds as well

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
That is a good point, a MOD is needed for a thread title change, this applies to the classifieds as well
This is not correct. Regular members can change thread titles.

You just click edit on the first post then click "go advanced". From there you can change the title. I've done it in the past.

Last edited:

73m819

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
This is not correct. Regular members can change thread titles.

You just click edit on the first post then click "go advanced". From there you can change the title. I've done it in the past.
True, just tested it, WOW, most do not KNOW that, I as most thought only MODS can change the thread title.

3dAngus

Only Mods can change the titles.

What you are seeing is the subtitle change. The real title, that is the title that comes up in the forums and on search, does not change when you edit the title in advanced mode. What happens is, you change the subtitle, or the title that comes up when you open up the ad. It doesn't help any.

73m819

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
I bumped this up, SS MEMBERS PLEASE READ POST #1, if there is anything you DO NOT understand PLEASE ask for help, I would suggest that you all take NOTE of ITEM #13

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Only Mods can change the titles.

What you are seeing is the subtitle change. The real title, that is the title that comes up in the forums and on search, does not change when you edit the title in advanced mode. What happens is, you change the subtitle, or the title that comes up when you open up the ad. It doesn't help any.
I beg to differ. I just did it over in the testing forum to prove my point. The original thread title was "test edit". I posted the thread and went back and edited it. The new title is "test edit (I changed it)". http://www.steelsoldiers.com/testing-forums/91551-test-edit-i-changed.html

Try it for yourself, it works.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks