• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Rons Classifieds News, July Edition

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
Only Mods can change the titles.

What you are seeing is the subtitle change. The real title, that is the title that comes up in the forums and on search, does not change when you edit the title in advanced mode. What happens is, you change the subtitle, or the title that comes up when you open up the ad. It doesn't help any.
I beg to differ. I just did it over in the testing forum to prove my point. The original thread title was "test edit". I posted the thread and went back and edited it. The new title is "test edit (I changed it)". http://www.steelsoldiers.com/testing-forums/91551-test-edit-i-changed.html

Try it for yourself, it works.
I talked to the GREAT MR. DH this morning about this, he said for some reason SOMETIMES this WORKS, SOMETIMES NOT, for the same person as well for SOME, not for others ??????

3dAngus

I beg to differ. I just did it over in the testing forum to prove my point. The original thread title was "test edit". I posted the thread and went back and edited it. The new title is "test edit (I changed it)". http://www.steelsoldiers.com/testing-forums/91551-test-edit-i-changed.html

Try it for yourself, it works.[/QUOT

I saw that. Thanks. It used to be you could not do thatin forums. I still cannot do it in the classifieds and tested and verified it just prior to making my post. Please try it again in the classifieds. There may be a time bomb on it. I tested it with an old ad so if you have an old ad you can test it on then Im sure you will get the same results as I.

I recall there being a change where we cannot delete so something else might have changed then too where edits had a user time stamp for permissions.

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
Just bring to top so the excuse "I did not SEE the notices" can be used

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I talked to the GREAT MR. DH this morning about this, he said for some reason SOMETIMES this WORKS, SOMETIMES NOT, for the same person as well for SOME, not for others ??????
I think you're right after some more testing.

I saw that. Thanks. It used to be you could not do thatin forums. I still cannot do it in the classifieds and tested and verified it just prior to making my post. Please try it again in the classifieds. There may be a time bomb on it. I tested it with an old ad so if you have an old ad you can test it on then Im sure you will get the same results as I.

I recall there being a change where we cannot delete so something else might have changed then too where edits had a user time stamp for permissions.
I think you are correct also. I just tried to edit one of my add titles. It didn't take. I have edited titles in other forums in the past though. I guess it's like DH said, sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks