• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Roof-mounted Smoke Launchers?

nattieleather

Use the picture as a guide....get some PVC pipe and some paint? Your just looking for show make up some dummies. If your handy get some steel pipe and weld them up.

I'm not trying to be funny...the fact is that unless there is someone making dummy ones up I don't think your going to find any that are demilled ones. Gubment is really funny about things that make other things go boom. I would think your best option is trial and error build your own. Make cardboard templets and keep adjusting untill you get it looking right and then make them up.

Good luck.

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Austin Weber occasionally has them on GunBroker or eBay. They aren't rare, but they are usually scrapped out and not reused. I had one of the armor ones years back, didn't sell for much online as there aren't many who want them....

Attachments

popacom

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Give Rich Miller at Mutt Parts in Alabama a call he has them listed in his add 2 launchers + launch controls. And if you want the wiring I think I got some of those here.

popacom:grd:

txdodge43man

Make sure they are the ones off Of the M113 APC family. The ones that Maddawg308 has picture are from a main battle tank such as a M60. the ones on the M113 are closer to waht you are looking for but I think you will have to fabricate the mounting brackets.2cents

sp00n

Be very very VERY careful not to violate any of the federal "AOW" (any other weapon, includes grenade and projectile launchers like this) laws. You don't have to mount it or load it to violate them. Also a projectile launcher on a moving vehicle is going to be a touchy subject with any law enforcement/mil base inspecting your truck.

The laws are going to vary state-to-state, you may want to get on a knowledgeable firearm oriented forum and ask about legalities with one of these.

jamesfrom180

As far as weapons as long as it is not a 40mm you should be clear of DD laws and ATF for possession. Even the 37mm pyrotechnic variety is still touchy on vehicles are far as I can tell. If it was myself I would purchase some really strong magnets and build a base out of wood and PVC. Good luck, do your research, and report back!!![thumbzup]

M813rc

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The newer style (like in your picture) are pretty simple and would be easy to make up from PVC or ?? The tubes are actually plastic on those ones (at least the ones I have seen). The mounts are also very simple.

The older metal ones are slightly more complicated as regards the base shape. I have those on one of my vehicles, I can measure them up for you if you want.

A buddy of mine has the newer style on a vehicle of his, when I get a chance to visit him I can measure those for you.

Both types are in the pictures on this thread-
http://www.steelsoldiers.com/hmmwv/29741-smoke-grenade-launcher-install.html
If you need higher resolution (these are downsized for posting) I can email the the full sized ones to you.

Cheers