• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Root cause of engine swap?!

SmartDrug

You should name the supplier so others are aware

They're a site sponsor, so I hope this doesn't go against regs, but Midwest Military Equipment sent me a generic Timing Delay Module that looks like some dude made it in his basement, and the Thermostatic switch is clearly not original, either. Neither has the metal wire tags, the TDM has no identifying marks at all, the switch doesn't have the engraved brass with part numbers, nor the blue tag. I would have gone another route if I had known this ahead of time, but by the time they showed up, I needed the truck up and running and honestly didn't notice a difference until these parts became an issue. The bait and switch really puts me off. The crummy part here is that I had spent hundreds of dollars with them prior to this on various other parts.

I'm happy to provide receipts and pictures if anyone cares.

juanprado

Steel Soldiers Supporter
No, Outing a vendor for cause is not an issue that I am aware of.

Thanks for the feedback. It will help others in their quest for parts. Personally I use Kascar and mac motors. I compare prices. Tax is sometimes an issue for me as Mac has a La office and I have to pay our wonderful banana republic rate.

I was thinking of changing the fan thermostatic switch and noticed what I thought was a lot of China Knock offs some with tags but what made me suspicious is no pic of the bag or box with nsn, part number etc. Also quite a range in price for the switch from $150 to $40

SmartDrug

My feel, the vendors need to list if it's an actual domestic part or not. There are some vendors I only buy from occasionally "when I don't care". But for the most part Kascar and Mac Motors are my go-to places.
I actually ended up going with Kascar for the replacements, sound advice there. Next time I'll stick with my usual mentality - Buy Once, Cry Once.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks