• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

rope fasteners for 101

timntrucks

Steel Soldiers Supporter
im putting new tie down ropes on my tan 101a2 trailer and need new fasterners for those. anyone has sourced those before. looks like i need 3/8 rope . thanks in advance

Jeepadict

I got my roll of rope from a seller in TX, arrived packaged still in original supply box with NSN sticker. Also seen these listed on GMG and Eastern.

I'm not a fan of the OE metal clips that lash the rope thru the grommets, so my cousin taught me how to thread whip the eyelet...lots of instructables on the web.

If you need the metal cleat for the box exterior, I've seen them a few times in the last year on eBay from various surplus sellers. Another option would be to contact a local ornamental iron fab shop, they should be able to recreate it from sample with ease.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Jeepadict

Oh, and I tried the typical hardware store nylon rope and absolutely hated it!...it slips super easy. Buy the right rope for it and you'll beuch happier.

Jeepadict

i need the fasteners.. the part that holds the rope to the cover
Actually, ya really don't. As I said earlier it's easier to whip the rope and it's actually a stronger solution. I don't like the metal clamp-on clips at all.

See this video, fella does a very good job showing the technique. Just omit the eyelet for our purposes.

Tinstar

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I used the new EPDM rubber rope and makes life so much easier.
Simply pull loop down to fasten to trailer.
Takes me <30 seconds to get into trailer.
No loose rope
No knots
Super easy.

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks