• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

RORO shipping help for new FV-432

kochevnik

Yeah that's what I said. Looks like you could eat off the pack.

I know most are pretty closed mouth about what they paid for stuff. I paid 10,500 pounds but that includes delivery to the docks, cleaning paperwork etc. I went thru a dealer who I will review (if anyone asks) later after the unit actually arrives here. There is a lot of paperwork still to go, and I have to arrange shipping etc. I am on the west coast so that adds a lot to the cost as well - east coast shipping is about half what it is here. And then to arrange transport from the docks here in the USA to it's final resting place. Going to be late spring or summer before it is all done - or never if the ATF disapproves my paperwork.

The 10,500 was more than I wanted to pay (of course) but it was such a nice clean machine, and the dealer said 27 miles on it. Figure the actual cost for just the unit itself being about 9000 pounds or about $14,000 USD. Worst case scenario - I lose my job forever and I have to sell this on Ebay or something, I figure I will more than get my money back.

Based on this foto - I cant figure out if the top odometer is the trip odometer or is it the bottom ? Gotta be the top since it's 0.0, so actual miles looks like either 2 miles or 27 miles ? Not that it matters much ...

Dealer has a top reputation so I figured that was worth some extra cash to me as well.

Attachments

Last edited:

Augdog1964

You need a customs broker

PM me and I can get you a contact name and number. I work with a great one... I would not recommend doing customs on your own. Form 6 is easy, you will also have to do a UK EUC and EUC cover letter.

kochevnik

On the off chance anyone is interested - one of the other units I looked at is pretty near the Southhampton docs, was in storage quite a while so has low miles/hours etc. It's an FV-436 instead of a 432 - but I think is in good shape and quite a bit cheaper than the one I got above, but not thru a dealer so more risk - but the guy selling it seems to be a pretty standup guy. I think you could get this one delivered to the east coast for about 14,000 USD give or take a thousand or two.

Don't know the seller other than thru email, so no horse in this race in any way, and have no responsibility for any deals that go bad, just thought people might want to look at the runnerup as it is still for sale and as the Brits say, a nice piece of kit LOL - PM me for contact info.

Attachments

There have been a few sold over in that condition. A few will also be coming out soon as well.
You have got a very nice one that looks to have just been gone through at ABRO Bovvy. Brother in law may even have worked on it:?:

kochevnik

WOW. Those last pics make it look much bigger......and badder :razz:
About 6 feet tall and 30,000 pounds.

Seats 12.

Like a big armored SUV - LOL

I figured if I was going to ship it halfway around the planet I might as well spring for the nicest one I could find - altho to be honest there weren't really a lot of them for sale. MOD-sales had some (the equivalent of GL here) but just like GL it's hit or miss and that was too much of a gamble for me.

Last edited:

kochevnik

so you will be in it about 30k USD for a new track... I would consider that a **** of a good deal. Try and get a new F150 for that much.

Well that's what I tried to tell the wife LOL

She's busy shopping for a new laptop / kindle thingie in an attempt to get even with me - plus I had to wash all of the dishes today for some reason ... I think I will be paying for this in a lot more ways than just money - but I count myself very lucky to have a wife who wont just kill me outright for doing something like this. She's a peach.

Stalwart

I've used RORO ships to bring 4 Stalwarts to the US. They are also too big for a container. My last one cost me about $4000 from Southampton to the Port of Tacoma. The ships come in on a weekly schedule, at least they did 8-10 years ago.

One thing, they MUST be steam cleaned and have NO DIRT AT ALL on them! Otherwise the FDA will make you pay for steam cleaning at this end by an "approved" company at your sometimes great expense.

My Scorpion and Fox came via container and were never inspected.

msehring

Looks like a nice unit. More important than the miles is the hours, did you check the hour meter in the pack? Its near the fuel filter on the right rear of the pack, visible in the 4th picture. They are great vehicles, i have had little issues with ours. ( we have 7) only problems have been the cut off solenoid and the starter.

Blind Driver

I got this reply from another forum "Atlantic container Lines can RORO to NJ, their container ships have a RORO deck for autos, trucks & heavy equipment and you could use rail to OR. "

kochevnik

I had not even thought about rail transport. But in any case the quotes seem to be coming in pretty decent - about $5000 or so tacoma including the customs broker fee and that's about what I budgetted - so ok there. Course if the strait of hormuz gets closed off in the next few months while I am waiting I'm sure I will be screwed :)

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks