• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Rotten Murphy!!

pctrans

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Took off to Fort Jackson this afternoon in the 1009 loaded with tools/parts, to retrieve a 925. About 100 miles up the road, the tranny took a dump. No warning at all. Only thing I had was 1st gear and reverse. auaaua

Got towed back to the yard (thank goodness for AAA Plus), and loaded everything into my 925. Hopefully the newly rebuilt motor will hold together for the haul. And YES, I do miss my tractor trailer. Now I will leave out early in the morning and try this again!

3dAngus

Yeah, I was just going to say, two in a row now, is two to much.

I wish you a happy and safe journey tomorrow.

pctrans

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yes, it's still at GL. 530 miles is a long drive in green iron. I like to leave myself some extra time, just for situations like this. Now I will be pressed to do it in one day, at 10 mph less top end. Got a Monday morning pickup appt, and have to be back here to work Tuesday AM. :cry:

pctrans

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well, made it to Columbia this evening in the 925 without any problems. Murphy must have been in church! Miller Time!:beer:

hotdogs151a2

Mr. pctrans:
I will be in the Columbia area all day tomorrow. If you have a problem or need a hand to get on the road, please call me. Good Luck.
Thanks, Pvt Hotdog
803-331-3342

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks