• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Rotten Murphy!!

pctrans

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well.......left the LZ on Saturday to head north. About 100 miles up the road, the tranny on the 1009 took a crap! So early Sunday made the trip up in the 925 (sore butt). Arrived at GL in Fort Jackson about 0730. Fired up my latest acqusition with a jump, built up air, tranny engaged.....Life Is Good! Hooked up the lights, towbar, safety chain, etc. Released the parking brake on the towed vehicle and...crap! Won't hold air. Air from my truck wouldn't build up the air either. CRAP! Set the park brake, and air pressure built up fine. Release it, and air dropped and activated the brakes. Sooooo, parked it again and am trying to arrange trucking. Headed back to WARM Florida....empty. Momma said there would be days like this. :cry:

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
your air problem is the same as "RRRs" 932, turned out crossed air lines, thought it was a diaphragms, was not

sandcobra164

when you hook the air lines up to tow a M939, don't drop the parking brake lever. Push the black "spring brake overide" button under the dash next to your right knee as your sitting in the driver seat. That should release the "spring brakes" but allow the regular brakes to engage when you use your's. Worse come to worse, get some caging bolts, disconnect the air lines, and disable the rear brakes, the front axle doesn't have spring brakes. but then you'll only have the primary mover's brakes to slow things down. When doing that, you're limited to 25 MPH on road and 15 MPH off road from what I remember.

pctrans

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I tried that, but the park brakes wouldn't release. And when I release the parking lever, the dropped and would not hold enough pressure to keep the park chambers from engaging. Thought about caging the brakes, but a 530 mile tow was a bit much at 25 mph. The truck got delivered this evening, so hopefully I will have an answer by the weekend.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks