• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Rough running MEP-802

willswim15

I just got the MEP-802 home, added new filters and fluids. On the third attempt it fired up and ran fine for 40sec. then the sound changed (almost like it was running on one cylinder) and I shut it down. It did start right up after that but it still sounded bad so I shut it down again. Any Ideas on where to start looking for the problem. An Injector or sticky valve? Ill try to post a video on it running.
https://youtu.be/f_s00QcjAkc

Thank you for you for any help you can offer.

Keith

Last edited:

willswim15

Hi all,
I got it running good. I drained the some fuel and added diesel Kleen injector cleaner. I ran it for about 2min and it another right out. I ran it for 45 min straight adding and removing some loads. So far so good.

Daybreak

2 Star Admiral
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Howdy,
Some points of advice.
The convenience outlets are 10 amp max. You don't want to load up the genset thru there. When you start, slow down your roll from Prime & Run, you should pause there to ensure your unit is primed. Then when you do turn to start, you should pause there also until you have a oil pressure reading higher than 20 psi, then let it go to prime and run. The first things you want to do is to have the speed correct. Make sure the unit is at 60Hz, and the voltage is at 120/240 single phase if that is what your looking at using.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks