• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

ROVIS / AN/VIC-3 system (Intercom System) NEED HELP

Dmbuhan

I have the ROVIS / AN/VIC-3 system (Intercom System) I want to install it in my yamaha rhino.. I have the power cord but the end is a weird connector. One end goes into the Mater Control Station and i dont know where the other end goes.. So i cut the connector off and hooked it up to a battery charger. it works!! but when i go to put it on the battery of the yamaha rhino It does not...... Can anyone HELP ME PLEASE

OPCOM

Steel Soldiers Supporter
It is probably 24 volts, what voltage is the Rhino? Also, don't run the thing on a charger, they have unregulated anf often dirty power, you can cause damage. The VIC-3 is pretty rare. Pictures of the system, connectors, etc. would help.

Dmbuhan

Pictures ROVIS / AN/VIC-3 system (Intercom System) NEED HELP

The battery charger on the jump mode runs at a 12.06 voltage the Rhino battery is at a 12.99 voltage.. why wouldnt it work on the rhino.. Heres Some Pictures The video will be up on youtube ill send the link later

Attachments

Dmbuhan

Dmbuhan said:
I have the ROVIS / AN/VIC-3 system (Intercom System) I want to install it in my yamaha rhino.. I have the power cord but the end is a weird connector. One end goes into the Mater Control Station and i dont know where the other end goes.. So i cut the connector off and hooked it up to a battery charger. it works!! but when i go to put it on the battery of the yamaha rhino It does not...... Can anyone HELP ME PLEASE
Heres the video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3QwqlKSo_Ec

Dmbuhan

RE: Re: ROVIS / AN/VIC-3 system (Intercom System) NEED HELP

So My dreams are shattered. theres no way i can hook it but unless i have a 24 volt battery??????

Dmbuhan

Re: RE: Re: ROVIS / AN/VIC-3 system (Intercom System) NEED H

maritimer said:
or get a converter thingy to step your 12v supply up to 24v

can you tell me where to get one ?

Jake0147

Re: Pictures ROVIS / AN/VIC-3 system (Intercom System) NEED

Dmbuhan said:
The battery charger on the jump mode runs at a 12.06 voltage

Double check that- If that were accurate, when it were hooked up it would discharge a fully charged battery down to about a twenty five to thirty percent state of charge. It might be that while it's hooked up and boosting, but the open circuit voltage is probably sixteen or seventeen volts, it'll drop lower quickly as the current increases.

Even at the right voltage, battery chargers eat electronic equipment. It would be a big shame to see this system wrecked, probably beyond repair, simply by a misunderstanding about how battery chargers work.

A converter is in order. That, or depending on the draw and the usage it might be possible to do it "flashlight style" with a couple of small (or large?) batteries, but I'd go for the converter.

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
RE: Re: RE: Re: Pictures ROVIS / AN/VIC-3 system (Intercom S

Not familiar with the VIC-3, only the older VIC-1 series. That looks pretty cool and high tech. Neat setup.

mutt_kahuna

mil intercom

For an in-expensive way to get a 24 volt battery,I once made a small portable jump box that was made up of a small plastic battery case and two 12 volt motorcycle batteries wired in series...I used it as a slave when my M151 batteries were low....to recharge, battery tender makes a 24 volt trickle charge...maybe this will help...I sold that M151 AND the jump box so I dont have any pics.. ..ED

Dmbuhan

Re: RE: Re: Pictures ROVIS / AN/VIC-3 system (Intercom Syste

CanonNinja said:
Dmbuhan said:
Long story.. Why? is it a good system?? heres a vid of it http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3QwqlKSo_Ec

do tell, because that's the new latest-and-greatest
Would you believe me if i told you Fort Monmouth (New Jersey) Threw Them away, Meaning in the garbage.. I work in a garage transfer station and they was cleaning house I THINK thats how they got there..

CanonNinja

RE: Re: RE: Re: Pictures ROVIS / AN/VIC-3 system (Intercom S

go find me another one :D

And I dunno if you're going to be able to get 24v on the rhino without adding 2 more batteries for a separate system

Dmbuhan

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: Pictures ROVIS / AN/VIC-3 system (Interc

CanonNinja said:
go find me another one :D

And I dunno if you're going to be able to get 24v on the rhino without adding 2 more batteries for a separate system
I got another you interested???

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks