• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Royal Enfield 500 Classic

GamaGoatGirl

Our friend stopped by with his new 2013 Royal Enfield 500 Classic with 20 miles on it! He is on leave from overseas. It had all the classic looks- olive drab green, but all the modern features like radial tires, electric start, and electronic fuel injection. Beautiful bike!

Last edited:

B3.3T

These are cool but as they are produced in India using a lot of Chinese parts, their reliability has been questionable.

quickfarms

These are cool but as they are produced in India using a lot of Chinese parts, their reliability has been questionable.
I was looking at one at an air show a few months ago and the sales girl could not tell where they were produced. But they do look cool. My problem with a motorcycle is the other idiots on the road. Yesterday we passed an accident that had two motorcycles down and one was under the back of an SUV. I hope they walked away from it.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
We were looking over a few issues it has already.

Wires pulled too tight, leaking oil and leaking gasoline lines, fit and finish issues too.

11Echo

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The first pic I had taken near Savanah, TN back in 97. One of the Enfields not made in England by the original manufacturer.

The other 2 pics were of a fine old Royal Enfield camped near me some time back.

Attachments

saddamsnightmare

September 1st, 2012.

Probably runs as well as a Mahindra jeep...both 1950's technology. The guys that are going to make the big bucks in motorbikes are the ones who come up with a reliable, long lived, road worthy diesel! Enfield in India had one, not too reliable, that got about 200 MPG on diesel....:grd:

Whiterabbit

I have an 2008 RE and yes it's 1950's tech so you need a good tool set. Once I worked the bugs out of it she's fine for a drum brakes,carbed,500cc bike. I've put alot of fun miles on it.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks