• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

RPK fits CUCV gun rack

WARWAG

Yeah, the AES10B are nice guns, as I have one. The PKM bipod they come with just don't work well.

I have three Romanian military part kits RPK models to build, they represent the three different Bipods used.

They work fine for my. Spent the day with the wife and kids shooting. Tried out my new 75 rnd Romanian drums and I am impressed. I felt like I was in a Hollywood movie with one of those never empty mags.......

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
OK, I don't wana be a deek, I am a shooter too, but, no more weapon talk please. I will kill the thread.

WARWAG

I know you guys strive to be "GUN" free. But the funny thing is when I went to my Verizon store "and others across the nation" Ive tried to log into SS from one of there fancy lap top thingys. It said. Unable to open site do to it being a weapon and explosive site. So sure we wont talk about guns anymore but for some reason youve already been listed as such a site. Not sure what the creators of this site thought. Its a MILITARY VEHICLE site. anythinbg with the word MILITARY already doomed this site to be classified as a weapons and explosive site. If you dont believe me drop into any Verizon or AT&T store and try and log in to SS using there server. I hope I didnt offend anyone but it was a legitimate subject concerning our CUCVs.

Mike

saddamsnightmare

JAnuary 10th, 2012.

The irony of not being able to open this site on that Verizon store computer, is a lot of men and women died in our services so the rest of us could have the freedom to discuss such subjects openly. I wonder what Thomas Jefferson, James Madison, Alexander Hamilton, and even George Washington would think of that? Beyond which, Will's right, we do need to stay focued on the vehicles and not the toys you'all carry around in them, as that is apt to get attention of the type we really might not want anyway... And yes, we do build better mousetraps, be it John Garand's or the designer of the other M-1....:-D

TexAndy

JAnuary 10th, 2012.

The irony of not being able to open this site on that Verizon store computer, is a lot of men and women died in our services so the rest of us could have the freedom to discuss such subjects openly. I wonder what Thomas Jefferson, James Madison, Alexander Hamilton, and even George Washington would think of that? Beyond which, Will's right, we do need to stay focued on the vehicles and not the toys you'all carry around in them, as that is apt to get attention of the type we really might not want anyway... And yes, we do build better mousetraps, be it John Garand's or the designer of the other M-1....:-D
None of the founders would argue that a private forum of discussion must by necessity allow all comers and all topics.

That said, I do find this site's aversion to gun discussion rather silly. MV owners aren't even on most people's radar screens. MV collection as a hobby is not something your average Joe or Jill gives a second thought.

The "ban it for the children" types don't care if you own guns or carry around RPGs in your army truck. They want to ban your truck because it's big, it's scary, it offends their toy poodle, and it doesn't fit their idea of "proper."

There is a question of being a good ambassador for the hobby, it is true. However, I don't think there's too many people who own MVs of some sort who don't also own guns of some sort. You would be amazed at how many cross-forum recommendations from gun sites like ar15.com or glocktalk lead people here. At any rate, I doubt there are many people who would find this website by accident and then get their panties in a bunch because someone mentioned guns.

Just my opinion. Worth less than the time it took to express it, considering I don't own this website.