• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Rpm adjustment?

5tonman1971

Ok so my 925a2 will only hit 2000 rpm even when I manually move the fuel lever on the IP.

I know that they are governed but I dont know where that is at. Could there just be a weak spring in the governer?

MO MV man

Has it always had a 2000 rpm max? Or did it just start?
You don't want to go modifying your governor if there is something else going on.

If/when you do adjust the governor?
The guy behind this link is a regular poster here on SS:
http://www.freewebs.com/nevrenufhp/
Info for our MW type pump is under the DT466 section.
I followed his instructions to adjust the governor springs on my M931A2 today, as a matter of fact.
It's VERY easy to do. You will have to correct your idle speed afterward but that is a cakewalk as well.

Here is the thread he contributes to often:
http://www.steelsoldiers.com/showthread.php?74925-So-who-has-bumped-the-power-on-a-6CTA-cummins

5tonman1971

Has it always had a 2000 rpm max? Or did it just start?
You don't want to go modifying your governor if there is something else going on.

If/when you do adjust the governor?
The guy behind this link is a regular poster here on SS:
http://www.freewebs.com/nevrenufhp/
Info for our MW type pump is under the DT466 section.
I followed his instructions to adjust the governor springs on my M931A2 today, as a matter of fact.
It's VERY easy to do. You will have to correct your idle speed afterward but that is a cakewalk as well.

Here is the thread he contributes to often:
http://www.steelsoldiers.com/showthread.php?74925-So-who-has-bumped-the-power-on-a-6CTA-cummins
It has done this ever since I got it. It also will not shift passed 3rd on its own so I'm hoping if I can get my 2200 rpms it may start shifting properly. I don't want to go throwing shift modulators and doing full fluid replacements until I get this corrected.

Floridianson

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Sorry Brad sent the one for the older PT and not your truck. Could a mod. put this TM in the 5 ton section if SS does not allready have this one?

1 Patriot-of-many

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Your modulator cable might be holding it back. I was trying to adjust my modulator cable, ended up reducing my rpms by holding back full movement of the throttle cable. Just something to check.
My Rpms would go to 2200 and I wanted to make sure the modulator cable was fully extended so I adjusted the mounting bracket on the modulator cable toward the back(the ubolt). It ended up reducing my RPM because it was at the limit of the modulator cable, I need to move my modulator cable a little forward now to get the RPM back.

TM 9-2320-272-24-1 Page 764-

Last edited:

MO MV man

Thank you for the exact page reference for the modulator cable adjustment!

That's my next step after the governor spring adjustment I did day before yesterday and it's subsequent/necessary throttle linkage adjustment.
WHICH, undoubtedly changes the cable's position in reference to throttle linkage.

You saved me some time rowing through TM pages. :)

Your modulator cable might be holding it back. I was trying to adjust my modulator cable, ended up reducing my rpms by holding back full movement of the throttle cable. Just something to check. My Rpms would go to 2200 and I wanted to make sure the modulator cable was fully extended so I adjusted the mounting bracket on the modulator cable toward the back(the ubolt). It ended up reducing my RPM because it was at the limit of the modulator cable, I need to move my modulator cable a little forward now to get the RPM back. TM 9-2320-272-24-1 Page 764-

nevrenufhp

I'm thinking it's not getting full throttle, added to the modulator not being adjusted, or possibly what's keeping it from getting max throttle(like was mentioned already). 600 more rpm would bring it to life.

5tonman1971

Follow up I was not making it in to 5th gear but now I got it to go in to 5th gear but only get to 57-58 mph those 300 extra rpms real need to be there

5tonman1971

Ok so I did some investigating and was looking at my 923 and what I ended up doing was adjusting the linkage for the modulator cable and now I get my 2300 rpms but still have to shift using the shifter manually.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks