• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

RPMs drop too low

JeremyB

Hello all,
I was wondering if anyone might know why my RPMs drop down to about 500 when I let off the throttle and then the truck will shudder for a few seconds and then rebound to about 800 rpms. It really prevelent when I first start it up but is a constant at all times.:deadhorse:

jeffhuey1n

SMSgt, USAF (Ret.)
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I don't have an answer but my 72 with a whistler turbo does the same thing till it warms up. Then it idles fine. My other 72 starts right up and Idles perfectly, difference, no whistler. Coincidence? Don't know...

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Turbos have nada to do with it. Matbe dirty fuel filters, a crushed fuel line or as mentioned above, air in the fuel.

jeffhuey1n

SMSgt, USAF (Ret.)
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Little more info on mine: first has an LDS 465-1A (low idle when cold); second has LDT 465-1D (no idle problems). First one runs like a frisky critter in heat, the second is slow on the draw. Possible sucking air, but wouldn't that cause surging as well? Possible worn igniters? Naw, that wouldn't cause low idle just crappy start up...I've got a full filter change out. I'll give it a try this weekend and let you know how it went.

Would a crushed fuel line cause crappy performance accross all power setting? Sorry, throttle settings?:confused:

jeffhuey1n

SMSgt, USAF (Ret.)
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Darnit....Blizzard's blowing AGAIN!!! You'dthink by April we be done with this mess. No filter work today, if fact no work today period. Try again next week.

jeffhuey1n

SMSgt, USAF (Ret.)
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Weren't the fuel filter. Once it gets good and warmed up, there's no problem with idle. Can igniter plugs do it? I don't know the ignition system yet. Is the ignition a constant on system? Meaning it stays hot at all times? Seems strange that engine temp improves engine idle. I'm not edumakated enough on these yet to get really creative. I'll save more troubleshooting till I learn more.

Sorry it took so long to reply back on the filter change...had to wait for weather that was ok for outdoor playing.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks