• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Rt-12/trc-2 radio wwii vintage

Torisco

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have acquired a RT-12/TRC-2 labeled radio that appears to be complete and in really great condition. In researching what I need to see if the radio will work I received the following information

"Take the Receiver out of the chassis and look for a small battery colored green, that is either a plug in (late) or wired in (early). This should have a voltage of 4.5 volts on it. if it does not it MUST be replaced as it runs the audio output section and if it is not at the correct voltage it will cause the output transformer to burn out!!! There are NO known replacements for the transformer so you have to find another Receiver and swap it out to fix it!!!"

My problem, is that I cannot locate the wired in or plugged in battery on the receiver of this radio. I have "TM 11-4015, Receiver -Transmitter RT-12/TRC-2, Repair Instructions" but still cannot locate the exact position of the 4.5 volt battery. I have the parts list for the receiver and none of the parts are marked 4.5 volt battery. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited:

Torisco

Steel Soldiers Supporter
After reviewing the TM 11-263 for the GRC-9, TM 11-230C for the SCR-694, TM 11-4009 for the BC-1306 and TM 11-4015 for the RT-12/TRC-2... I have come to the uneducated (radio dummy) belief that the model radio I have
( RT-12/TRC-2) does not have the BA-1293 Bias battery plug in or BA-1293 Bias battery hard wired in this set.

Being a radio dummy and trying my best to not fry this beautiful piece of equipment (capable of a maximum 75 mile voice range and 125 mile CW (Morse code) range), it is with great hope that someone can assist me in confirming that the internal bias battery is either not in this model radio or can tell me its location in the radio.

Thanks again for any help that I may receive.
The radio dummy

SCSG-G4

PSVB 3003
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Torisco,

You may need to go to one of the many 'boatanchor' military radio sites/forums to get an answer I know there is a good MV radio forum on the Yahoo Groups area , as well as the MCRA site. HTH.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks