• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

RTH No Longer NEEDED - was stuck on I5 in NorCal

Seth_O

A fellow SS'er - BigRig379 - had a breakdown on I5 just north of Stockton in his MK48. Is anyone able to help with a tow? Needs to get off the freeway to work on the truck.

I don't know a whole lot about the situation (I'm located about an hour away and no ability to move something that size.) I believe its a blown hydraulic line.

I know its a holiday and folks are spending time with family, but an assist is needed if possible!

Happy 4th to you all, and appreciate any help.

You can text me at nine one six 915 seven 9 nine 2. I can put you in direct contact with BigRig.

Tks!

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
A fellow SS'er - BigRig379 - had a breakdown on I5 just north of Stockton in his MK48. Is anyone able to help with a tow? Needs to get off the freeway to work on the truck.

I don't know a whole lot about the situation (I'm located about an hour away and no ability to move something that size.) I believe its a blown hydraulic line.

I know its a holiday and folks are spending time with family, but an assist is needed if possible!

Happy 4th to you all, and appreciate any help.

You can text me at nine one six 915 seven 9 nine 2. I can put you in direct contact with BigRig.

Tks!
Ask him what hydraulic line is it? I can get you the sizes of the hose and fittings and have a hose made and took to him or at least some of the reusable fittings he can cut the line and resplice it

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Seth_O

Cheers simp, he's trying to identify which one it is, its a mess of hydraulic fluid though, so its hard to pinpoint it. Will take you up on it though if he can get it dialed in.

Seth_O

Issue has been identified as a bad oil cooler - cracked and spraying fluid. Anyone have one that can be borrowed, or know where one can be sourced locally?

BigRig379

Hey simp I could use help with fittings. I had some new hoses made without test ports cause the hydraulic shop was afraid they should damage the fittings. My hydraulic motor went out and was blowing fluid up through the cooler. I’ve had a lot of hydraulic problems with this truck mainly the pump and now the motor. Truck hasn’t been ran for about 10 years I worked on it on and off for a year puting it back together I need to start a topic for just what Ive done to help anyone else. It got loaded yesterday on a trailer and I’m looking to get it shipped now. It’s costing too much money to work on it from where I live.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
Hey simp I could use help with fittings. I had some new hoses made without test ports cause the hydraulic shop was afraid they should damage the fittings. My hydraulic motor went out and was blowing fluid up through the cooler. I’ve had a lot of hydraulic problems with this truck mainly the pump and now the motor. Truck hasn’t been ran for about 10 years I worked on it on and off for a year puting it back together I need to start a topic for just what Ive done to help anyone else. It got loaded yesterday on a trailer and I’m looking to get it shipped now. It’s costing too much money to work on it from where I live.

What fittings are you looking for? I will try to pull up the TM and post some pics and see what I can do.

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor

Attached are the TM pics with all the lines in the hydraulics. When you reply to the thread just save all of the pics to your phone or computer and repost the appropriate pic and the # fittings you are looking for and I will get you the parker # equivalent

Attachments

bigmike

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Sorry, i just found this thread. I see you are using Lodi heavy equip. hauler. I'm not far from Lodi. If you need a place to store/work on the truck, let me know. I have acreage, a wrecker and a shop.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks