• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

RTTY S-250 Heater hook up

firefox

General
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Has anyone ever hooked up the heater in the s-250 to the 5gal can mounted on the bulkhead just to the left of the door?

The heater has its own fuel pump and there is a fitting on the bulkhead just below the 5gal can so that a hose goes from there to the 5 gal can.

My problem is that I cannot find the reference to the adapter that is used
for the 5 gal can. I have a gravity feed adapter but that is used with the can upside down.

The pictures in the s-250 TM clearly show an adapter with the can right side up. I am pretty sure that it is just a
different style of adapter which has a suction tube on it instead of an air bleed tube.

Has anyone come across one of these
and possibly knows a TM that has a detailed picture of one of these?

Thanks for any info,
Bruce

firefox

General
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thanks, that's the one I have. This one requires the 5gal gas can to be inverted.
The one I am looking for has a pickup tube going down in to the can just like the pickup on a vehicle tank, but without the pump. Pump is in the heater.
Thanks,
Bruce

m38inmaine

The adapter is the same for the MEP-002A/3A gensets. I have one with my S-250 GRC-142 shelter/heater. It is a common item should not be too hard to find.

firefox

General
Steel Soldiers Supporter
That looks good! I have a NOS heater so I am set on getting the adapter.
There is even a thermostat in the s-250 that works with the heater.
Thanks for the pic!
Bruce

left_flank

or you can do this. i welded a half copling on the bottom to use this as a fuel tank on my 715 while getting it running

Last edited: