• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Ruasch Creek 2010 Trip

86M10086.2L

I got it online, I think the place was called discountramps.com I have temporary no drill support bars on it, but a THULE universal (drilling required) track mount system is in my future. The setup you see in the pics allows the rack to shift forward while wheeling (heavy bumps) rendering my cable limb risers, which already had been taken off for that reason somewhat useless.

84cucv1ton

if it helps a friend has a 4" skyjacker kit in his now. pretty stiff but a complete kit. another friend has 4" hd Tough Country. rides way better. springs front. homemade shackle flip in the rear. Tough Country kits are extra for shocks and steering correction. they dont have a 1 ton kit. he got the 3/4 ton one and just replaced the u bolts for the bigger axles.

hope this helps

nice looking truck you have

WARWAG

if it helps a friend has a 4" skyjacker kit in his now. pretty stiff but a complete kit. another friend has 4" hd Tough Country. rides way better. springs front. homemade shackle flip in the rear. Tough Country kits are extra for shocks and steering correction. they dont have a 1 ton kit. he got the 3/4 ton one and just replaced the u bolts for the bigger axles.

hope this helps

nice looking truck you have
The more information one has the better decisions he can potentially make. Thanks 84cucv1ton

86M10086.2L

No vibrations, yes on the wheelspacers. 2" in front 1.5" in back. I made the spare tire carrier myself. It's mostly 2" galvanized box tubing. It works ok, needs alittle tweeking but serves its purpose. I got my springs from ORD. Had to call to get them. Just a warning though, the bias ply hummer tires although great off road, suck (and I can't emphasize suck enough) on the highway. They literally are un-balanceable. at least mine are. I only use them when I go wheeling. I have a set of AT's for driving around. At some point I will replace the 36's with radials. Thanks for the comments on the truck. The truck's a driver and I use it. Looks good in pictures but up close it's ehhh. I always tell everyone she may not be the prettiest girl at the dance, but your still happy when you wake up next to her in the morning.

Last edited: