• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Rubber Type for DIY Hood, Airlift and Radiator Seals?

HoveringHMMWV

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I am needing to replace the rubber seals which are attached to my hood and radiator. 1/8" thickness seems to be about right for the radiator and aft hood seals while 1/4" should work for the airlift hood seals. A cursory online search revealed many types of relatively inexpensive rubber sheeting than can be cut to the appropriate dimensions. What type of rubber would be suggested to not only be heat resistant but chemically and UV resistant?

diesel_dave

I'm also curious about this. If I can find some sheets of rubber, I'll use my laser cutter to cut out the patterns. Definitely cheaper than ordering OEM replacements.

HoveringHMMWV

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Finally opted for this ......

The width was perfect for filling in the rear hood gap. It was flexible enough to conform to the hood shape yet stiff enough as to not feel cheap and hopefully seal up nicely. The product cut easily with a razor and was easily punched for the rivet holes. Will be interested to see how it performs over time though.

IMG_0119.JPG IMG_0118 2.JPG IMG_0124 2.JPG IMG_0121 2.JPG

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks